Phantom Regiment 2018

42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ok so who dies?

The ride cymbals?  ;)

Listening on Spotify now.  Me likey!

Edited by jthomas666
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lots and lots of benzene rings! Seriously, though, I’m really excited. I hope the title is indicative of the theme for the corps as a whole— time to turn things around! SUTA!

• Like 4

Tickets just purchased for SA— just inside the 45 40 yard line, 3rd row. I’m ready to hear some Buicks play New World, up close and personal!

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm sick of phantom rehashing old shows with a slight twist. Wasn't a fan of 89 so I guess we shall wait and see. 

I loved 89. Should have won imo. But hey, to each their own 

this show sounds very cool, I’m excited 

20 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Why can’t they leave past shows well enough alone? 

I understand what you’re saying but this doesn’t feel like that much of a rehash to me, even with the name. The only common music is in the closer. This feels like it’ll be pretty unique for them in most respects, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I like the overall vibe I’m getting and the musical selections they’ve picked.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I understand what you’re saying but this doesn’t feel like that much of a rehash to me, even with the name. The only common music is in the closer. This feels like it’ll be pretty unique for them in most respects, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I like the overall vibe I’m getting and the musical selections they’ve picked.

I concur. There's plenty of other material there for this to be considered a rehash, unless they cram Maslanka and Prokofiev into 90 seconds, and the rest is Dvorak. Also, I don't know if the Dvorak being last implies that it's the closer, but in any case, I'd guess it doesn't play an overbearing role. 

Also, the concept doesn't feel like a literal story, so that's always a plus.

My jury is still out on Will Pitts as a musical designer, but as far as repertoire goes, this looks like a great program.