Phantom Regiment 2018

17 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

Will be interesting to see what the diamond shape around the face will all look like together on the field. Wonder if that was intended or just a "side effect" of the hood and how the uniform was constructed.  

If that diamond shape was a constant perhaps it would have some merit. However, it is not as even shown in the intro photo and in the individual mug shots taken pre-parade. Unless the binding of the hood was stiff, it will soften out after the first washing as in during Texas and/or Swamp tour. In reality at Lucas, only the first 20 rows or so view the performer straight on; the rest of us look from above.

Image may contain: 1 person, stripes

Image may contain: 5 people, people standing, shoes, outdoor and nature

29 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

Will be interesting to see what the diamond shape around the face will all look like together on the field. Wonder if that was intended or just a "side effect" of the hood and how the uniform was constructed.  

Going for the beetlejuice look. 

Edited by Jim Schehr

In no way should any comments here be considered slights on any of the individual members wearing these outfits. Particularly for the rookies who marched their first performance in a Regiment uniform and wear them  proudly, today is a very special day. Congratulations. (I'd say "SUTA" to you, but I am not an alum and respect that.)

Edited by xandandl

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wore an ugly hat in my corps and we made fun of them ourselves.  Daily. 

Yeah, Terri, but at least those Quaker Oats shakos were useful. We could carry a lot of stuff in them, like gauntlets and souvenir t-shirts and clandestine beers. 

Edited by quietcity
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, quietcity said:

Yeah, Terri, but at least those Quaker Oats shakos were useful. You could carry a lot of stuff in them, like gauntlets and souvenir t-shirts and clandestine beers. 

I requested lights to alert low flying aircraft. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hughesmr said:

Uniform from the neck down is far better than 2017's uniform.  But this needs the helmet, period.  Wear the helmets, use the hoodie for storing snacks, etc.

They wear helmets on parade. In show? don't know yet. But, they did have hoodies hanging out.

They actually look great in the parade pic, IMO. Like the Phantom Regiment. But the hoodies look frumpy and goofy to me. I suppose I’ll just have to see them on the field but I really hope they just wear the helmets or keep the hoodies down during performance. Honestly, I’m not sure what Cesario was going for with that one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1