Phantom Regiment 2018

5 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Try 1977 PR

Can't down load that year, but there was nothing sexy about a drill move by their guard in 77 as far as I recall.  OK folks, this should help you out.  Late in their 91 show female guard members laid down on their backs as the brass line stood at their feet.  The guard then spread their legs for a second or two before the brass line stepped forward.  Stepping over mm has been done often over the years, but not spreading your legs seductively.

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Can't down load that year, but there was nothing sexy about a drill move by their guard in 77 as far as I recall.  OK folks, this should help you out.  Late in their 91 show female guard members laid down on their backs as the brass line stood at their feet.  The guard then spread their legs for a second or two before the brass line stepped forward.  Stepping over mm has been done often over the years, but not spreading your legs seductively.

That is definitely not the one I meant.

PS. Cold showers are said to help.

I remember it clearly.... what’s your point? Marching members knew about it.

Back to the regularly scheduled discussion of 2018 Regiment....I’m happy to hear the show is challenging the current marching members and the show has growth potential.

Edited by Sutasaurus

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

WARNING!!!!!! Side track question.  How did the mm of the 91 show react to the  drill with the brass line stepping over the guard?  I was surprised when watched on Fan Network and keep on forgetting to ask about the drills acceptance.   A PM would be sufficient. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I remember it clearly.... what’s your point?

You may have missed the initial post.  I'm interested in reading what a mm and others from that year thought when the move was first taught.  I'm surprised that someone with a large DCI DVD library hasn't checked it out.

Edited by Ghost

7 hours ago, MikeN said:

Nobody's ever worn a tux jacket with a baseball cap.  That'd be like wearing sneakers on the field with a full uniform!  :happy:

Mike

Exactly! That's what the vibe is now for me. A formal uniform with an informal head cover. Weird.

I posted this in the Muncie thread, having seen Phantom Regiment and the Cavaliers back to back...

When Regiment and Cavaliers both hired new brass arrangers for 2016, I thought Regiment had the better hire, as Michael Martin was unknown to me as an arranger. I was dead wrong about this. Cavaliers brass design is so far ahead for the two corps that were in a similar place after 2015. Though it certainly helps to have the rest of the Cavies design staff around him (relative to what Will Pitts has around him).

not sure if there was anything mentioned tonight about this tonight, but if there's anything on this planet that brings more joy than seeing Claire's reaction to the crowd reaction to her unsheathing, I don't know what it is. also, this show is my current favorite of the year. too much emotion for it not to be.

• Like 4

The corps posted program notes on their website and Facebook, I don't recall them doing this last year or in recent memory: http://regiment.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Phantom-Regiment-2018-Program-Notes.pdf

This helps explain their design intentions for the show! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2018 at 7:28 PM, Who's on first? said:

Heard some rumors that there are big microphone problems again this year regarding the hornline. I didn’t see any mics other than for solos during the tour premier broadcast?! Discuss!! 

Based on the show/rehearsal I saw in Akron, they only have the wireless mics and a couple spot or shotgun mics in a few spots of the show. Nothing that seemed like full brass amplification.

Whole hornline didn't appear to be mic'd last night in Lisle. The levels used for the soloists was more than a little hot, hot enough that it caused one of the speakers to distort the sound (either that or the speaker is blown).

Edited by Slingerland