Phantom Regiment 2018

59 minutes ago, BostonLUck said:

First, and foremost, I don't appreciate you beginning your asinine rant by assuming what my qualifications are or aren't.

I'm going to stop you right there. I don't have a need to read further. Your first sentence only proves your an ########, so goodbye. I am ignoring you. Please do the same to me, and have some class. It's pretty classless to try and take away an achievement of 150 members + staff + volunteers who put blood sweat and tears into that show. So get a life! Get off DCP and go and get a life. I don't give a #### what your qualifications are or aren't, because NO ONE on here, not even any judges who may be on here, are qualified to judge all captions.

Regiment won in 2008. They are 2008 World Champions, and by far the 2008 crowd favorite. Get over it and crawl back in your hole.

Edited by queenanne_1536

33 minutes ago, BostonLUck said:

THEY. DIDN'T. WIN. GE. FOR. THE. LOVE. OF. GOD. They won SEMI-FINALS' General Effect, which led to the trophy, but FINALS' where it all matters, they didn't win GE. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Perhaps he was referring to music GE, which I'm thinking Phantom did win all three nights, including finals night.  Or perhaps he was simply referring to the significance of having a strong GE program in general, as evidenced by their having the best overall 3 night average in overall GE if I remember correctly, putting them in a position to win it all by doing well enough in all the other captions. 

In any case, it doesn't seem worth getting angry about.  Especially from one who as expressed concern about the effects of being overly emotional on the ability to discern the best drum corps in a given category.

Oh, and out of respect for the importance you place on being factual, as well as your earnest assumption that Finals is where it all matters, I must point out that Phantom did, indeed, come in 1st place on finals night in 2008, and not 2nd place, as you asserted.  

Have a great day.  :smile:

• Thanks 2

It’s telling that this thread was more pleasant when we were talking about the current 2018 edition of Phantom Regiment :doh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So just to clarify , the props are supposed to just be things they interact with in the new world not really a transporting thing. That info came from staff. The kids are really wonderful as always and was a proud moment to play with them as an alum. I assure you their efforts don't have them where they are but are probably saving them so far. I don't lay this all at Will's feet either, I think it's some good arranging getting the phantom sound but it doesn't inspire but that may be in part to the failure of the concept. As far as show design I like the idea but it fails to come across to anyone I know and that is a team thing and not just Will. I definitely agree that some experienced guidance is needed and soon before completely becoming undone.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Perhaps he was referring to music GE.

Thank you, but no I wasn't. I was wrong on that. I was flipping back and forth from the quarters, semis and finals recaps and thought I was looking at finals with that GE comment. I said all along I wouldn't have argued if BD won GE, and they in fact did, so there's no argument to be had. They were both fantastic corps, and the numbers just happened to fall in Regiment's favor. It certainly could have gone either way, but it didn't.

I'm going to have to watch this show later to relive the memory of this great championship show.

Edited by queenanne_1536

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I'm going to stop you right there. I don't have a need to read further. Your first sentence only proves your an ########, so goodbye. I am ignoring you. Please do the same to me, and have some class. It's pretty classless to try and take away an achievement of 150 members + staff + volunteers who put blood sweat and tears into that show. So get a life! Get off DCP and go and get a life. I don't give a #### what your qualifications are or aren't, because NO ONE on here, not even any judges who may be on here, are qualified to judge all captions.

Regiment won in 2008. They are 2008 World Champions, and by far the 2008 crowd favorite. Get over it and crawl back in your hole.

Awww, precious... THIS is what happens when you attack someone... they return the favor. My suggestion to you:  don't be a beeyotch on forums to people, and stop trying to control people's opinions by voicing your own opinion, and life will be peachy.

Also, I'm pretty sure my commenting on SCORES, did absolutely zero damage to "150 members + staff + volunteers who put blood sweat and tears into that show" -- MY GOD that is so dramatic. LOL. I mean d.r.a.m.a., I envision you typing that while laying back with your arm over your head as you cried.

Anyways, I'm totally not going to ignore you -- you're literally my new favorite person -- I do love me some craaaaaazy. <3

AND HOW DID YOU KNOW I LIVE IN A HOLE?!?!? Are you stalking me?  ; - )   nicest hole on the block though... has a pool out back. 

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Perhaps he was referring to music GE, which I'm thinking Phantom did win all three nights, including finals night.  Or perhaps he was simply referring to the significance of having a strong GE program in general, as evidenced by their having the best overall 3 night average in overall GE if I remember correctly, putting them in a position to win it all by doing well enough in all the other captions. 

In any case, it doesn't seem worth getting angry about.  Especially from one who as expressed concern about the effects of being overly emotional on the ability to discern the best drum corps in a given category.

Oh, and out of respect for the importance you place on being factual, as well as your earnest assumption that Finals is where it all matters, I must point out that Phantom did, indeed, come in 1st place on finals night in 2008, and not 2nd place, as you asserted.  

Have a great day.  :smile:

Sweet baby Jesus. No. No. No. Finals' night Phantom Regiment scores a 39.400 in GE, while Blue Devils scored a 39.450. Obviously, you don't quite grasp how numbers work... but let me help you: 39.400 and 39.450, you see that 5 in there? Okay. That 5 in there means that the Blue Devils were .050 ahead of Phantom Regiment. Are we all on the same page now?

As I said earlier, you can't fix stupid.

Ps. I'm not angry. I'm passionate ;-) it falls under the GE category... ya know.. the one Phantom DIDN'T win on Finals' night in 2008.