Phantom Regiment 2018

7 minutes ago, dcpbandguy said:

I would say the current music team (Pitts/Ferguson/Brown) could actually do some damage with the right visual/program designer. Some of Regiments music issues seem to be a result of poor staging. It’s just all really a matter of “who” that side of design should be.

They also don’t need to have three ballads in a show. 

• Like 1

Year after year we hear how Phantom has a phenomenal show and how little tweaks like staging would make a difference.  I hate to break the news but until Phantom gets more creative in all area's the idea of placing higher than 7th or 8th is nothing more than a pipe dream.  You're not getting beat by 10 points due to things like that.  We might as well accept the fact that Phantoms entire creative team lacks the ability to put together a competitive show.  There seems to be no inspiration.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

We might as well accept the fact that Phantoms entire creative team lacks the ability to put together a competitive show.  There seems to be no inspiration.

Careful. This is a sensitive thread. We only wish Phantom the best here. 

:::hugs and kisses, Phantom:::

LOL.

I have heard comments such as, 'this is the best (fill in the blank) since 2008' more times than I care to count (including last season). Unfortunately, the vast majority of those prognostications have, unfortunately, fallen flat for whatever reason.

It is obvious that there are some that 'want' that to be true (don't we all), perhaps to the point of suspending reality.

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

I have heard comments such as, 'this is the best (fill in the blank) since 2008' more times than I care to count (including last season). Unfortunately, the vast majority of those prognostications have, unfortunately, fallen flat for whatever reason.

It is obvious that there are some that 'want' that to be true (don't we all), perhaps to the point of suspending reality.

I thought the repertoire had potential. The implementation, on the other hand...

Hope springs eternal!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I thought the repertoire had potential. The implementation, on the other hand...

Hope springs eternal!

I just watched a video of The Chester show.  It was so boring I had to fast forward it to get through it. The music just plain sucks.  Get somebody on board that can write inspired and exciting music.  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, dcpbandguy said:

I would say the current music team (Pitts/Ferguson/Brown) could actually do some damage with the right visual/program designer. Some of Regiments music issues seem to be a result of poor staging. It’s just all really a matter of “who” that side of design should be.

say what???

30 minutes ago, EricS said:

I just watched a video of The Chester show.  It was so boring I had to fast forward it to get through it. The music just plain sucks.  Get somebody on board that can write inspired and exciting music.  

I agree it is a bit boring with some really good moments sprinkled in. I feel it's more the source material and less Will's arrangments. I like the percussion writing and I think the brass team is on the right track. I do think the overall production has extended sections that are slow moving and drag on.

• Like 1