Phantom Regiment 2018

Wasn't able to go to the theater but really happy to hear they got good audience responses!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EricS said:

the corps performed a bad show really well.  I was amazed at how much they improved since June.

Get a new program director and music writer.

Yeah, I heard that they had an really great show. The kids responded - great for them! Maxing out what they are given, that's the name of the game in drum corps. 

Congrats, guys! SUTA!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EricS said:

the corps performed a bad show really well.  I was amazed at how much they improved since June.

Get a new program director and music writer.

Or perhaps a new director.

on a  more positive note, I’m thrilled to hear the corps is bringing their a game to Indy! SUTA!

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 3

Finish strong PR!

Agreed, kids are doing the best they can.......hopefully board and staff realize a fresh approach is needed to breathe some life into PR as they continue to slide into boring territory.

From a corps that used to present vital and awe inspiring music, they have fallen flat in recent years.

Edited by The Dog
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Or perhaps a new director.

on a  more positive note, I’m thrilled to hear the corps is bringing their a game to Indy! SUTA!

They always do. Even in the past 5-6 years when they have been down, Phantom has never peaked early. They really know how to maximize what they're given. They have come out rough especially in brass for the past few years and I feel like there is a drastic difference by the time Indy comes around. 2014 comes to mind especially, that hornline sounded great by the end!  

All of this is further reason why they certainly deserve a better design from here on out

• Like 3

The first Drum Corp T-shirt I ever bought was from Phantom. Later, I remember them in their pure white unis waiting for a tornado to pass in Minnesota. For years, Spartacus was the show I showed drum corp noobs. Today they appear to be in 10th place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Corps_Efan said:

The first Drum Corp T-shirt I ever bought was from Phantom. Later, I remember them in their pure white unis waiting for a tornado to pass in Minnesota. For years, Spartacus was the show I showed drum corp noobs. Today they appear to be in 10th place.

The kids are still bringing it, though. Like they always do. 

The have no control over what they are given, for better or worse. But, they are choosing to perform the #$%^ out of it no matter what.

SUTA!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Corps_Efan said:

I'm wearing the 96 "Be Afraid of the Dark" tour shirt today in Indy!

• Like 1

No one puts Phantom in a corner. They are a classic perennial favorite. Saw their leg chop yesterday!

Love the gestalt uniforms and the hoods juxtaposition of modern and classic.

My take on the show concept: (please correct as necessary) In looking at the show design as a noob, I think the wings represent the old and the hexagons represent the new. The introductory video gives a soaring feeling so I think the wing symbols imply soaring. The hexagons Symbolize technology or they show a connection/contrast between the future vs the natural and organic shapes of the wings. The design sets a stage. 

• Like 2