Phantom Regiment 2018

If something is to change, it needs to happen yesterday. The corps has been in a downward spiral for the past six years. Any competent and experienced staff needed will be spoken for in the next month. Regiment needs to rally the troops and act quickly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EricS said:

The Phantom Regiment everyone loves and wants back!

And I have to rub it in.  There are no props or electronics.  I know, I know.  But it was nice while it lasted.

22 minutes ago, EricS said:

And I have to rub it in.  There are no props or electronics.  I know, I know.  But it was nice while it lasted.

It could be argued that's an indictment on Regiment's current use of electronics and props...

Edited by kdaddy
  • Like 1

From Will Pitts facebook............

I can't say enough about how much I've loved this summer. Sure, if you've only watched a recap and some webcasts all summer, it would be easy to cast it aside, but I can't begin to describe how incredible this group of people has been. We set out to do something different for Regiment. I loved what we did, and no one knows better than we do what we can do better going forward. I will always go back to how those in and out of the organization reacted to what we were doing before there were any scores. We will take those positive qualities with us going forward, while working to be more competitive in what has become some an incredibly deep pool of talent, both from performers and designers.

Very odd statement!

14 minutes ago, EricS said:

From Will Pitts facebook............

I can't say enough about how much I've loved this summer. Sure, if you've only watched a recap and some webcasts all summer, it would be easy to cast it aside, but I can't begin to describe how incredible this group of people has been. We set out to do something different for Regiment. I loved what we did, and no one knows better than we do what we can do better going forward. I will always go back to how those in and out of the organization reacted to what we were doing before there were any scores. We will take those positive qualities with us going forward, while working to be more competitive in what has become some an incredibly deep pool of talent, both from performers and designers.

Very odd statement!

somewhat circular reasoning to give oneself a pat on the back, no? Almost cultish.

I think he's a nice guy and very talented but...

Designers should NEVER write the explanation of what the show is about. Too close to the situation to be accessible to the outsider's perception of the same.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

Wills response is not surprising, it's usually the voice of someone that's soon to be replaced.  BUT as long as Will liked the show I guess that's all that matters.  I agree there's a deep pool of talent...One that does miracles with nothing.

I mentioned at the beginning of the year that Phantom my lose the talent to more inspired corps which now happens to be the corps above them.  Under performing corps, are a direct result of management and the tools they've been given

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

Wills response is not surprising, it's usually the voice of someone that's soon to be replaced.  BUT as long as Will liked the show I guess that's all that matters.  I agree there's a deep pool of talent...One that does miracles with nothing.

I mentioned at the beginning of the year that Phantom my lose the talent to more inspired corps which now happens to be the corps above them.  Under performing corps, are a direct result of management and the tools they've been given

Not that I wouldn't support Will being let go, but who would replace him??