Phantom Regiment 2018

4 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Also notable is that Will Pitts is now the program coordinator. Having hoped that they'd look for someone outside the organization, I'm a little disappointed by that.

What years did Will march with Regiment apart from 08?

They would free up quite a bit of creative resources if they would eliminate the electronics designer and team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

What years did Will march with Regiment apart from 08?

I sat with his parents at Finals at Foxboro in 2005 when he was on the podium. He was PR conductor for 3 years with a break year due to required course internship during the summer for his degree at Emory. He aged out in 2008 so he skipped either 06 or 07, I don't recall which.

10 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

'05, '07, & '08

Which means then that every season that Will Pitts was DM of Phantom Regiment, the Corps was better.

'05... 3rd

'07...2nd

'08...1st

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Was Will Pitts then the Phantom Regiment DM that was on the podium at Championships in 2008 that was " speared " by a Guard as part of their '08 " Spartacus " show ?

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Was Will Pitts then the Phantom Regiment DM that was on the podium at Championships in 2008 that was " speared " by a Guard as part of their '08 " Spartacus " show ?

You don't know what he looks like from hearing his name announced before the corps starts, and comparing the 2008 DM's to his on air interviews during the prelim broadcasts after 08?  I'm not buying it.  You're to astute a guy B to not know.

Edited by Ghost

9 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Also notable is that Will Pitts is now the program coordinator. Having hoped that they'd look for someone outside the organization, I'm a little disappointed by that.

Someone outside of Phantom could be an asset, but from my observations over the past few years is that the musical book has been good as has the design, but the two have not meshed that well. Perhaps a single vision may be more of a possibility with someone like Will Pitts as program coordinator. Someone involved who was part of some of Phantom's great shows doesn't hurt either.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

You don't know what he looks like from hearing his name announced before the corps starts, and comparing the 2008 DM's to his on air interviews during the prelim broadcasts after 08?  I'm not buying it.  You're to astute a guy B to not know.

I don't have any idea at all what you mean here ( not care.. lol).. but if you say so.