Phantom Regiment 2018

27 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I concur. There's plenty of other material there for this to be considered a rehash, unless they cram Maslanka and Prokofiev into 90 seconds, and the rest is Dvorak. Also, I don't know if the Dvorak being last implies that it's the closer, but in any case, I'd guess it doesn't play an overbearing role. 

Also, the concept doesn't feel like a literal story, so that's always a plus.

My jury is still out on Will Pitts as a musical designer, but as far as repertoire goes, this looks like a great program. 

Good point. My assumption may have been off on that. (Though I hope not.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

I concur. There's plenty of other material there for this to be considered a rehash, unless they cram Maslanka and Prokofiev into 90 seconds, and the rest is Dvorak. Also, I don't know if the Dvorak being last implies that it's the closer, but in any case, I'd guess it doesn't play an overbearing role. 

Also, the concept doesn't feel like a literal story, so that's always a plus.

My jury is still out on Will Pitts as a musical designer, but as far as repertoire goes, this looks like a great program. 

mu hunch is New World is weaved in and out of the show

• Like 4

I love the musical selections.  Piano Concerto #3 is by far my favorite Piano Concerto of all time.

A question, Does anyone know which movement of Picture Studies?  If I recall correctly, there are 7 movements.

11 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

A question, Does anyone know which movement of Picture Studies?  If I recall correctly, there are 7 movements.

Movements 1 and 4 are in the Spotify playlist Phantom provided.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Movements 1 and 4 are in the Spotify playlist Phantom provided.

Thank you very much.  YouTube Playlist has been updated accordingly.

So excited to see some Alexandre Desplat on the football field!!!

In a 2016 interview, Dan Richardson responded to a question about his favorite Regiment show by saying "My favorite was New World Symphony in 1989 since it brought out the best in every section..."  I am delighted that Phantom Regiment's 2018  program in the year of his death will incorporate Dvorak's classic and pay tribute to my friend and fellow MM from 1957 -1960.

• Like 6

Looking forward to this. But, it better make the hair on the back of my neck stand up again like 89!