Phantom Regiment 2018

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I suspect high velocity drill is not the concern with this corps.

I don't know about that. Even  2017 Phantom Regiment had segments of their show last season that were lateral movements, and at high foot speeds too. Go back and look, if unsure. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

It's definitely a new look for "this new world" of drum corps. Eager to see the visual and drill component with this look!

• Like 1

Hmmm. This year's soft and flowing uni is an improvement over last year's lumpy look. The hood is a clever way to address this era's move away from headgear, I am curious to see how they use it in the show. I worry that the black and white stripes will fade to gray on the field.

The guard uniform is rather nondescript, kind of a dance recital 101 look. It does not seem to contribute any particular attitude. The overall color scheme of black, white and aqua is kind of blah, but could cohere well with the right flags and props.

Overall, I will wait and see how this translates. 

Edited by quietcity
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I like the look, but the old man in me hopes that they haven't ditched the helmets. 

Ditto, those 2017 uni's don't look so bad now right? lol

But I agree, I was worried they would phase out the helmet as many corps have with their headgear and traditional jackets with this WGI uniform trend. The actual uniform this year looks great, I like how it still incorporates the corps colors, chevron, and doesn't look entirely like a skin-tight morphsuit.

• Like 1

Michael Cesario knows that the hoodie look is in.

Image result for meme... bill belichick hoody

• Haha 2

I’m sure it’ll look fine from the stands but my personal favorite will always be the white uniform/black gauntlets and balderic/white helmet combination, with the chevrons on the sleeves. (Not just for tradition’s sake, though— I genuinely prefer the look.)

• Like 1

I think Poppycock would agreeo7o7c3.jpg

• Haha 3

I am guessing that the aqua color on the guard is meant to represent the ocean, such as the ocean one would need to cross to reach "The New World." Could lead to some interesting water effects and divided corps drill.

Can anyone explain the benzene-ring theme in the logo and on the uni? Seems kinda random, unless the show is actually about The New World of organic chemistry. Which would be cool. 

Edited by quietcity

5 hours ago, quietcity said:

Hmmm. This year's soft and flowing uni is an improvement over last year's lumpy look. The hood is a clever way to address this era's move away from headgear, I am curious to see how they use it in the show. I worry that the black and white stripes will fade to gray on the field.

The guard uniform is rather nondescript, kind of a dance recital 101 look. It does not seem to contribute any particular attitude. The overall color scheme of black, white and aqua is kind of blah, but could cohere well with the right flags and props.

Overall, I will wait and see how this translates. 

Black and blue with white has been used by Regiment several times in the past. I am thinking of the year when the body of the uniform was white with black accouterments and the baldric was a soft blue. I think it was the year they played On Air. I will look it up further and post a photo. 

• Like 1