Phantom Regiment 2018

Frankly I found the music a bit too ponderous for my liking. Maybe it was due to the shell they were under. 

Edited by Jim Schehr

Most excited I have been about their show in 10 years. What I have seen on the field is very encouraging.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PRomoter said:

Most excited I have been about their show in 10 years. What I have seen on the field is very encouraging.

Thats good to hear, PRomoter, as a lot of people have been counting them out so far here in preseason from my readings, and sense of things.

Was hoping someone would be at the performance tonight.  I guess not.  i watched a couple warm up videos on Periscope.  Sounded good, although top heavy.

Edited by EricS

I really think fans of PR will enjoy this show. It is so different in all the right ways. It feels like a 90’s show to me - Modern Imagination ish. And as far as intonation, balance and maturity: who can tell anything from a consumer video camera, recorded at the shell? After watching these guys for 32 years, this summer should be a fun ride for them.

• Like 3

I was at the dress rehearsal last night and seated very low in the small stands, so hard to get an overall visual feel. I loved the new uniforms once seen in person. Drumline sounded quite clean in warmup. Brass rather quiet during the run through. Color guard needs work to clean. The show was enjoyable but had few impacts and "I love you" moments. Good drum corps, but I honestly could not connect what I saw to their show theme the way top six corps do. Big jungle gym props that they climbed on, btw. I did go nuts for the 14 quads feature

1 hour ago, leeboyer said:

I was at the dress rehearsal last night and seated very low in the small stands, so hard to get an overall visual feel. I loved the new uniforms once seen in person. Drumline sounded quite clean in warmup. Brass rather quiet during the run through. Color guard needs work to clean. The show was enjoyable but had few impacts and "I love you" moments. Good drum corps, but I honestly could not connect what I saw to their show theme the way top six corps do. Big jungle gym props that they climbed on, btw. I did go nuts for the 14 quads feature

I worry about these uniforms. With everything we've seen on everything else it looks to me like they are going to look old phansioned? Did you feel that seeing them from the stands?

I would agree. The uniforms do not reflect their theme the way , say Cavaliers or Crown are so theme oriented this year. I do like Phantom's new uniforms, though. They have sort of a dove of peace wing feel to the white/black overlayers. I did not miss the helmet