Phantom Regiment 2018

58 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

A show based on just 1-2 works (from any corps) seems almost as unlikely in today's DCI as Shaw and Rennick returning to Phantom

... Not sure why Shaw or Rennick left, but honestly, I would have given Paul whatever he asked for within reason to get him to stick around.

My guess is that it would be more influence / control over music and program. I would say, 'have at it'!

He ran a lot of ensemble rehearsals while he was at Regiment, not sure if that's the case at SCV now, as well. My guess is, yes.

What an amazing era for Regiment when they were around.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tim_brandt said:

... Not sure why Shaw or Rennick left, but honestly, I would have given Paul whatever he asked for within reason to get him to stick around.

My guess is that it would be more influence / control over music and program. I would say, 'have at it'!

He ran a lot of ensemble rehearsals while he was at Regiment, not sure if that's the case at SCV now, as well. My guess is, yes.

What an amazing era for Regiment when they were around.

If you think for a moment, you’ll know exactly why they left. Same reason every one has left. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

If you think for a moment, you’ll know exactly why they left. Same reason every one has left. 

The Scouts and Regiment are actually in pretty similar situations 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

I think if we give Brad Toth & his crew some time to work their magic, we'll see a turn around in their progression of placements.  Things will fall in to place - but it has to mature a little bit first.

A top priority should be making sure he and his staff are happy. Easily the best move they made after 2017. 

• Like 4

I assume getting the Rennicks to return to Regiment is impossible. But does anybody know if they have some lieutenants that are worthy of taking over their own program? Hire the Rennicks in "consultant" roles to add some credence (it's not like SCV and Regiment are competing together anyway). 

There’s pretty much zero reason for them to return to Regiment and wishing on that would be a waste of time. (Obviously this isn’t something anyone with the corps would need to be told or even worry about. Just DCP fodder.) 

To be honest, I’m not quite sure I understand the reason why that keeps getting brought up anyway. Is percussion the issue at this point with Phantom Regiment? From my perspective, it’s more of an overarching issue when it comes to show design and general effect,   As well as brass arranging. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedJazz1900 said:

To be honest, I’m not quite sure I understand the reason why that keeps getting brought up anyway. Is percussion the issue at this point with Phantom Regiment? From my perspective, it’s more of an overarching issue when it comes to show design and general effect,   As well as brass arranging. 

Probably part of general frustration. Shaw and Rennick were doing great work with PR, but they were both effectively driven off.

• Like 2