Phantom Regiment 2018

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Agree with you there. It remains my opinion that while Spartacus is an all time great emotional show, this very fact is what led judges to over-score it in the final week of competition that year and that BD should have won. But that’s why I’m a fan and not a judge 

Wait, is this referring to 2018?

1 hour ago, jdpr said:

Bottom line in any year we can only give an opinion because it's impossible to give facts on why one should beat another , most of it is subjective unless you want to go back to the tick system.

That’s right! Since we have killed off 2008 Finals let’s go back and argue about 1978 Finals! Phantom was awesome and should have won! Stupid tick system!

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

What sucks is that this guy brought up how Regimemt should've been 2nd in 2008 as a reason why JD Shaw wouldn't return to Regiment. All of this because somehow Shaw knew 2008 was a fluke and decided to peace out.

To me, it's kind of strange that anyone would feel the need to go on a Phantom Regiment thread to tell them they didn't deserve to win a show that happened 10 years ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

What sucks is that this guy brought up how Regimemt should've been 2nd in 2008 as a reason why JD Shaw wouldn't return to Regiment. All of this because somehow Shaw knew 2008 was a fluke and decided to peace out.

LOL. Yikes. That wasn't exactly it... but you get an A+ for effort. Thank you for catching everyone up though. 

13 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That’s right! Since we have killed off 2008 Finals let’s go back and argue about 1978 Finals! Phantom was awesome and should have won! Stupid tick system!

Don’t forget 1989!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BostonLUck said:

LOL. Yikes. That wasn't exactly it... but you get an A+ for effort. Thank you for catching everyone up though. 

I quote my logic about JD Shaw, where "you could have said the same thing" came in response to you (and I'm paraphrasing) suggesting that he's now at the top of his game with a top corps. And I quote your response verbatim. I've bolded a couple passages for you. You literally suggested that one reason that JD Shaw wouldn't return to Regiment is because Shaw knew Regiment's 2008 win was a fluke. Literally.

Perhaps we agree on one thing... indeed you can't fix stupid. 

On 7/30/2018 at 12:51 PM, kdaddy said:

I bring it up because he's an alum (plus $$$).

You could have said the same thing after 2008 and Regiment (he left three years later).

On 7/30/2018 at 1:12 PM, BostonLUck said:

That is true; however, 2008 (and I'm going to be stoned for this), wasn't the "Champion" show we all want it to be. It was very obvious that PR wasn't strong enough in GE or Visual to win, and that it would require the Music Ensemble & Music Percussion judges to inflate Phantom's score (and sink BD's score) just enough to ensure a WIN (barely). Had all things been.... (my second stoning)... more accurate, 2008 was a solid 2nd, possibly 3rd place corps. Now -- HOLD ON -- I cried & screamed "I AM SPAAAAAARTACUS" with all you other goobers, so I loved that show too.

So, now that I'm bloody and bruised from all the soon to be hate, even JD knew 2008 was somewhat a fluke. 

But now, he's got a real good thing at SCV, he's got the Phantom staff, and all that West Coast talent. Not to mention, a corps that willing to go more edgy and modern. Phantom prefers... well...Dvorak, LOL. 

• Like 1