Phantom Regiment 2018

29 minutes ago, xandandl said:

. The very young corps outperformed the book they were given. 

The 2017 edition of Phantom Regiment really wasn't all that " very young " however. They had 44 age outs... the same number of age outs as Carolina Crown, and 11 more than both the Cavaliers and the Blue Knights.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Yup that's exactly what I said trying to use nice words. No where was design or design folks mentioned. That's your hallucinations again. Are you and Bobby Siamese-twins???

A) Your words 'last crop' were directly associated with 'staff changes'. All I did was expound on that using creative upper case letters.

B) You and I have pretty much agreed on most all postings in most all threads; we have also respected each other. So, I hope that your hallucinations Siamese-Twin crack was typed in jest, and if so I will laugh; otherwise it was a stinger that really surprised me in the light of how much respect I have had for your postings.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The 2017 edition of Phantom Regiment really wasn't all that " very young " however. They had 44 age outs... the same number of age outs as Carolina Crown, and 11 more than both the Cavaliers and the Blue Knights.

most were rookies to the line; not too many established vets, regardless of age.

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

most were rookies to the line; not too many established vets, regardless of age.

If so, then " a very inexperienced "  marcher Corps would be the appropriate description you were looking for above to describe the 2017 Phantom Regiment, not "  a very young " Corps. But.. its no big deal. Just wanted to mention it for accuracy sake, more or less.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

If so, then " a very inexperienced  marcher Corps" would be the appropriate description you were looking for above to describe the 2017 Phantom Regiment, not "  a very young " Corps. But.. its no big deal. Just wanted to mention it for accuracy sake, no more , no less.

no some were transfers from other corps. yes, for many their rookie years. Sum total=new to PR's ways.

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

no some were transfers from other corps. yes, for many their rookie years. Sum total=new to PR's ways.

Yeah, we could describe the 2017 Blue Devils perhaps in the same manner.... A " very young Corps " ( despite 60 age outs ), as they had large combos of " transfers" and " rookies " to the "Blue Devils ways" too.  The Blue Devils  " A " Corps overall Corps turnover rate is higher most seasons than most all the other Top 12 DCI World Class Div. Corps.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Given that there was a new guard designer, drill writer, and percussion arranger, all of the members were new to the ways of this team.

That was not a corps that looked or sounded like it had 44 ageouts. Frankly, I'm concerned about this.

Perhaps I'm alone in thinking that the drill was solid. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Perhaps I'm alone in thinking that the drill was solid. 

Their drill designers recently have been on the younger/lesser-known side. I'm not sure what's going on there. Their last good drill designer was Jamey Thompson, who left after 2013.

(I was going to quote @DawsonBurnes's post on the drill design as well, but DCP won't allow me to quote two people who posted on separate pages of a thread.)

58 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

(I was going to quote @DawsonBurnes's post on the drill design as well, but DCP won't allow me to quote two people who posted on separate pages of a thread.)

Click on the + sign of one quote, click on the + sign of the second quote, third, fourth, so on, and you can stack multi quotes in your response by then clicking the multi quote bubble.