Phantom Regiment 2018

4 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

That'd be a trick, since Wagner died a few years before Hitler was born.

4 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Like I said I am no expert on classical music but Wagner wasn't who she was referring it was Vogner that she thought wrote the piece went with Wagner because it was mentioned here, whatever it was mentioning the Ring was not a good thing

Edited by Bluzes

16 minutes ago, Bluzes said:
20 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Like I said I am no expert on classical music but Wagner wasn't who she was referring it was Vogner that she thought wrote the piece went with Wagner because it was mentioned here, whatever it was mentioning the Ring was not a good thin

You encouraged me to go to stinkypedia never know what your going to find. Here it is I should have known better.

The German composer Richard Wagner was a controversial figure during his lifetime, and has continued to be so after his death.[1] Even today he is associated in the minds of many with Nazism and his operas are often thought to extol the virtues of German nationalism. The writer and Wagner scholar Bryan Magee has written:

Edited by Bluzes
typo

46 minutes ago, RedJazz1900 said:

Maybe we could talk about 2018 Phantom.

Phantom 2018 is a show I 'am excited to see live Thursday - Saturday this week. The attire is unique and flows with the MMs & show well. They get right in your face (sitting low) when they are on the tarp. The music is exciting and more like what we came to expect in the past. I look forward to Phantom more than any other corps to push my musical boundaries and this year is not a disappointment. Their drum style is unique to themselves and seems more open and pronounced. I am way out of my league mentioning drum technique but I am noticing that there are two ways that snare drummers grip their sticks, the conventical set drummer with two different grips like Phantom and other snare lines holding the sticks the same like the old tenors did.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RedJazz1900 said:

Maybe we could talk about 2018 Phantom.

Drum Corps has and will always be an escape from reality for me. Watching the show from Atlanta the field falcon came to life. Wish I could have traded places and had her/his perspective of the show. Already seen the Mandarins live and the way they line up at first. I envision that they are a bunch of ravens ready to fly through the audience (life's been a very strange trip but fun). I praised them on here for covering the field falcon and not upsetting him/her but not for ruining my view with their prop. Had posted then if only Phantom would cover the field falcon all would be good. However the field falcon is only jealous of Phantoms attire and it may be ok for the field falcon to have a fashion show it's dci anything can crop up. There you have it from somebody who has been to way too many Grateful Dead Concerts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Just not sure how Regiment is going to fit in there...

That's a tight grouping it's down to how good the runs are each night. A lot yet to be decided. The Blue Knights are a surprise to me even being in the mix. I think there is more pressure on them. Phantom needs to just keep going on with their business. 

Edited by Bluzes
typo