2018 Blue Stars

If there was ever a time to max out a show; tonight is it. No heroes, nothing new; just go out there, lay it down, and have the best show of the season. If everything falls into place: maybe 7th place, a tie, or finishing within tenths of the Cadets. The season started slow and really started to pick up in mid-July. Again, 7th would be great and the next step up; however, there will be no shame in 8th place, this year. Welcome back to the middle-tier, Blue Stars! Finish strong, enjoy the night, and get a much deserved rest tomorrow! FCO! 

Watching on flo:

Your music is beautiful and well played. 

Drill is tight and looks great from above. 

Music by the carpenters performed by carpenters... literal visual translation. Conceptually, not imaginative enough for such a talented group  dagnabbit!

I'll preface this by saying I've been a Blue Stars fan since I first saw them in the early 1970s. Yes, I'm that old. :laughing:

I only caught them once this year... the Thursday prelims cinecast... and throroughly enjoyed the show!!! If drum corps these days is all about a clearly communicated concept... then this show was a winner. I got it from Note One. Well-performed, well-sold.  

Perhaps the corps should do one of these "building" themes every few years or so. I'm thinking maybe road construction next.  :tongue:

I hope the Blue Stars in 2019 can capitalize on the momentum they gathered this year.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, xandandl said:

They didn't mention that Blue Stars '18 season ended.

Think The Carpenters they played a part. Associating the link was sweet. But this little quote from the links says a lot, maybe they should try Roman next. 

The company, which recently hired Marvin Ellison away from JCPenney (JCP) to be its CEO.  Just a real boys club them CEOs are. Didn't feel like cod today anyway

Edited by Bluzes
typo