2018 Blue Stars

12 hours ago, corps8294 said:

What a crap time to have a score plateau. Oh well. Bring on finals week. 

I wouldn't call it a score plateau. I think the Allentown mess threw them off a bit... and they had the banquet the night before. They have a couple of good rehearsal days to pack it in before Thursday! :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:
1 The Cadets 91.300
2 Phantom Regiment 87.750
3 Colts 83.150
4 Music City 75.400
5 Oregon Crusaders 75.300
6 Genesis 73.625
7 Seattle Cascades 71.550
8 Jersey Surf 70.300

Wrong thread?

They went on early, before intermission in Buffalo. A lower score should have been expected. I think they will do fine Thursday. I still see them as a solid 8th place. 

• Like 1

BStars sounded amazing in the theatre...when they hit those lush major 7th’s in “Close To You” it gives me all kinds of warm fuzzies. Wish we could here more of those sounds in modern DC.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 10:08 AM, queenanne_1536 said:

I should have been clearer. I said the design was upper/mid tier, not that they were going to jump up to the upper tier. It wasn't a comment about their placement. In fact, I simply don't think the top 6 from last year are going to change, and not even the Blue Stars will be able to out execute one of them. However, I see 7th as within the possiblity of placement for the Blue Stars. 8th or lower is more likely, but the design is there, so if the execution follows, this could be a very good vehicle for them. I've seen Cadets, Regiment, Crossmen, and Blue Knights, and my opinion is the Blue Stars show is better designed than that lot. We'll see, of course, things change, but this is a great design to start the season off with, and it's only going to get better.

Yep! Nailed it.

• Like 1