Crossmen 2018

I sense this show tonightin Minneapolis is an important one to sorting out where the corps is. Phantom, Blue Stars, and Xmen have been in a dance.

There was a lot to be happy with in the captions from Rockford, except that awful Music Analysis score. 

7 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I sense this show tonightin Minneapolis is an important one to sorting out where the corps is. Phantom, Blue Stars, and Xmen have been in a dance.

There was a lot to be happy with in the captions from Rockford, except that awful Music Analysis score. 

I am excited to see X-men tonight. I haven’t seen their show yet but have heard good things about them!

The competition this year in the Crossmen's tier of DCI is intense.  I sense they really need a boost.

Fortunately, I just saw this on Facebook from one of their staff:

35465319_10156393127607173_2568800431996

1 hr · 
I'm excited for the Crossmen to premier their new ending tonight! About 90 seconds of new material that is the most demanding charts those members have ever performed. Now, time for some band dots....
  • Thanks 1

As the corps swings back toward Texas, I hope they get their usual boost of adrenaline from their home crowds.  They are very good.  The crowds love them.

• Like 1

I think this is going to be an important week.  I suspect that the recent slide in visual scores is due to the changes at the end of the show.  They have a couple of days to do some cleaning and I expect that they will come out strong and close the gap on Saturday.  I am very optimistic - there is a lot of room for this show to improve.

• Like 1

I understand what you're saying but the other corps aren't just setting around not practicing waiting for the Xmen to close the gap.  12th place looks good right now!!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gregory11 said:

I understand what you're saying but the other corps aren't just setting around not practicing waiting for the Xmen to close the gap.  12th place looks good right now!!!

Obviously all corps are cleaning and improving, but if you look at the Crossmen’s visual scores before and after the change, it is clear that their strength in competition with Phantom and the Blue Stars suddenly disappeared.  That would imply that cleaning the issues that developed as a result of learning the new drill should allow them to close the gap in visual scores.  As for 12th place, certainly it is always wonderful just to make finals, but it is far too early to predict that some big placement shifts won’t occur. 

• Like 1

Crossmen have a very enjoyable show.  I have seen them live several times including last Sunday night.  This time of year to many people focus on caption scores and not the big picture. Crossmen are competitive with the corps scoring around the them. It is going to take a few shows for the judges to get a good look at the corps once everyone has joined up. Crossmen have positive momentum going into the rest of the season and I am sure they will be a fan favorite.   GO  BONES: 

• 2 weeks later...