Age Outs

27 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Once again, the Couchmen are slow to respond.

....something about finding actual birth certificates....

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, BRASSO said:

BD is not a " cellar- dweller " however. Your Pro sports league analogy with the Blue Devils above does not work. BD gets first dibs of the best MM talent that has marched in Drum Corps, each and every season . For your " Pro Sports teams " analogy to work however...  comparing the NFL system with DCI,, Pioneer would get the 1st dibs at the best mm talent in Drum Corps. And not only that, for your analogy to work,. those who might WANT to march BD, but were " drafted " first by Pioneer, could only play for Pioneer. They would be disallowed from marching BD, even if qualified, and both BD and the MM applicant wanted to march there. DCI has no such restrictions. This is why the comparison to BD, and the system they work under, the Pro teams, and the system they work under should not be made. It fails on too many levels to even begin to attempt to mention BD and their access to talent and the " Pro Teams" access to talent. Even the amateur NCAA's ( Div. 1a ) mandate a transfer wait out an entire season  before transferring to the the team ( " Corps " ) of their choice, no matter what the parents/ players wants. I'm not saying DCI should adopt this system per se.. I'm just explaining that BD operates in a system that few national/international sports leagues would permit. Thats why you should not compare BD to what any ( Pro, or Amateur ) sports leagues teams have done, as the DCI system that BD has been so dominant in, is wholly unlike any other national/ international sports leagues that are out there.

Wow, I didn't know that!  That's insane!  I can't believe this is even allowed!  DCI needs to do something!  Have you mentioned this to anyone yet?  If you start a petition, I'll sign it.

:sarcasm:

Edited by c mor

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Once again, the Couchmen are slow to respond.

I asked them for their numbers and they said they made an agreement among themselves to wait until at least Labor Day to announce. ( INT though says they hope to have their age out numbers out to us by the middle of next week. )

38 minutes ago, c mor said:

Wow, I didn't know that!  That's insane!  I can't believe this is even allowed!  DCI needs to do something!  Have you mentioned this to anyone yet?  If you start a petition, I'll sign it.

I'm not about to organize any fan petition drive in hopes of having DCI do anything.... haha!

On 8/17/2017 at 4:25 PM, BRASSO said:

INT reportedly lost the entire middle trumpets, bari's, mello's sections to age outs.

.'Not sure about the exact numbers. 'Something like 20. About half of what they have for most seasons, I'm told.

Do they plan to replace them, or backPhil with colorguard?

Just now, Ediker said:

Do they plan to replace them, or backPhil with colorguard?

The current rumors are they will be seeking a singer soloist for 2018 that can properly sing in the middle voice range.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, desertrat68 said:

The Academy had 21 age-outs

Thanks for that update.