Flowmarching - take a look at your credit cards

I signed up for a one month subscription with Flomarching on July 13th and watched most of the webcasts after that date. I had to cancel my credit card on August 13th because it was stolen and now I see that Flomarching has downgraded my account to the "basic" status. I'm wondering if they can come back at me legally because I never did cancel my subscription and they were unable to charge my credit card for another month.

8 hours ago, TerriTroop said:

The subscription format is why I didn't purchase streaming video this year. For several years in a row I was willing to pay a flat price for the season, and it wasn't $150, and I didn't have to remember to cancel anything. I would have paid for one-shot shows, non-subscription style, but that wasn't an option.

in previous years on the fan network, it was $99 for the season, and then for finals you had to pay an extra fee. last year i believe they gave you everything for $99.

however for $140, I'll take DCI, DCA and WGI for $150 for the entire year. helluva bargain!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

in previous years on the fan network, it was $99 for the season, and then for finals you had to pay an extra fee. last year i believe they gave you everything for $99.

however for $140, I'll take DCI, DCA and WGI for $150 for the entire year. helluva bargain!

And BOA and WGI...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

We bought the entire year, too and I can't see any reason why we won't renew. 

• Like 2

I just didn't like their subscription tactics. I didn't like that I couldn't see what I was signing up for exactly before I started providing them with personal information. When I clicked the link I was immediately thrown to a "Join now" or "Log in" screen. Under that it says "Questions? Email us." I poked around and found no information. So...nope. I'm not going to give them my email and other information that they can put in some database. All I wanted to know was: 1) does the subscription end after 1 year or is it eternally renewed unless I take action, and 2) if they had rewind/playback during the broadcast. That was one of the most important features for me in previous years because I sometimes had to walk away from longer broadcasts to take care of work or family issues.

I agree that the price wasn't particularly unreasonable, as long as it had the features I wanted for the money.

21 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We bought the entire year, too and I can't see any reason why we won't renew. 

what choice does anyone have? Granted most BOA days i'm tied up with my local circuit, so i can't guarantee i'll watch much of that, especially during the peak of college football season, but WGI i checked out a lot of stuff, thrilled to have DCA as an option as I refuse to go to Rochester for many years, and for DCI...well...there's no other choice.

I'll admit i was a bit of an ### to Flo a few times on social media. Finals week there was one small glitch. granted having Tom Blair and crew there had to be a plus, but it continued to get better after the truly disastrous oklahoma show. Flo also took a beating WGI guard week and percussion was much better. So here's hoping when they sit down with DCI after the season, info is shared and a few points hammered home.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TerriTroop said:

I just didn't like their subscription tactics. I didn't like that I couldn't see what I was signing up for exactly before I started providing them with personal information. When I clicked the link I was immediately thrown to a "Join now" or "Log in" screen. Under that it says "Questions? Email us." I poked around and found no information. So...nope. I'm not going to give them my email and other information that they can put in some database. All I wanted to know was: 1) does the subscription end after 1 year or is it eternally renewed unless I take action, and 2) if they had rewind/playback during the broadcast. That was one of the most important features for me in previous years because I sometimes had to walk away from longer broadcasts to take care of work or family issues.

I agree that the price wasn't particularly unreasonable, as long as it had the features I wanted for the money.

when it was announced it was made clear no rewind or replay. with licensing costs, it's a killer.

I had heard the horror stories with Flo before I signed up, so I went in with very low expectations. But they were not so bad overall, imo. Its not a first rate outfit, but it was ok, and filled the need reasonably well. I wish they had playback, pause, fast forward feature, but they don't. So I cancelled this morning, and the cancel request seems to have gone smoothly so far.

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

what choice does anyone have? Granted most BOA days i'm tied up with my local circuit, so i can't guarantee i'll watch much of that, especially during the peak of college football season, but WGI i checked out a lot of stuff, thrilled to have DCA as an option as I refuse to go to Rochester for many years, and for DCI...well...there's no other choice.

I'll admit i was a bit of an ### to Flo a few times on social media. Finals week there was one small glitch. granted having Tom Blair and crew there had to be a plus, but it continued to get better after the truly disastrous oklahoma show. Flo also took a beating WGI guard week and percussion was much better. So here's hoping when they sit down with DCI after the season, info is shared and a few points hammered home.

We had very few issues with flomarching.  We use a roku and access through the flosports app.   

I paid the $150 because I wanted to see every broadcast as well as BOA and WGI. Flo was definitely not perfect (a lot of the broadcasts had underwhelming sound), but i rarely had buffering issues. 

• Like 1