2017 Mini-corps lineup?

Just spoke with Allen at DCA understand the list for mini corps will be posted on the 20th ,so you got 5 more days to wait.

There was a list of the Alumni corps lineup, complete with times, on Facebook a few days ago.  I can't figure out why Les Dips are going on last, AFTER Cabs Alumni!

Star United's Facebook page indicates they'll be there. Show apparently is titled "Tribute". New DM this year?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

No.  The same one. Saw her in Indy. 

Thanks. I thought Star's DM was named Becky Saddlemire, but a DCI website article about Soundsport refers to "Star United drum major Vicky Mungle".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Thanks. I thought Star's DM was named Becky Saddlemire, but a DCI website article about Soundsport refers to "Star United drum major Vicky Mungle".

There's some pics of her on their Facebook when they were in Indy.  That girl is in shape! 

Well, the minicorps event has been shrinking sadly.  I think 2005 was the last time (or one of) that it was its own event.  There was something like 14 minicorps or something.  That was a good time!  Combined Battle Hymn... 

It's just not the same anymore.

22 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

Well, the minicorps event has been shrinking sadly.  I think 2005 was the last time (or one of) that it was its own event.  There was something like 14 minicorps or something.  That was a good time!  Combined Battle Hymn... 

It's just not the same anymore.

Your're right about that. It became too much about scores and winning, and it sucked all of the fun and joy out of the event. Hopefully the mini-corps that are participating now are there for the performances and entertaining the crowd. 

1 hour ago, Kamarag said:

Your're right about that. It became too much about scores and winning, and it sucked all of the fun and joy out of the event. Hopefully the mini-corps that are participating now are there for the performances and entertaining the crowd. 

I know that year it was for entertainment.  Joey Pero screaming with Ghost Riders, Jeff with the Thunderbirds, and countless others.  SoCal in their prisoner outfits... Minne-Brass had like 12 players or something cause their bus broke down or something like that.

Erie has the all-time high of 100+5, lol.  Don't think that'll get broken, but yes, an emphasis to crowd pleasing needs to return.  Mini-corps doesn't need to be precision movement, it needs to be fun.  Sure, drill in a confined area is cool, but it was neater outdoors.  If mini-corps is inside, just peel the paint!  

And honestly, with the way Star United has been with it over the years now, it's understandable why less and less each year want to "try" again.  I look at mini-corps as a fun thing to put together.  Get a couple crowd pleasing numbers and wow'em up.  Leave the DCI-type stuff on the field outside.  Mini is an awesome way to get some newer groups involved and possibly help get them to a Class A status possibly, if they're looking to expand.

Are the groups out there?  Sure.  Just gotta give'em a reason to go play at Championships.