2017 Mini-corps lineup?

22 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ok where's the schedule?  :laughing:

Any scores yet????  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I thought i read back in February that Kilties were bringing out a minicorps? 

"After months of deliberation, the Kilties have decided to step-off the field of competition for the 2017 season.  We are making this adjustment to realign fundraising and expenses.  

The Kilties will be performing in mini corps, parades and exhibitions.  

If doing a full season of drum corps has been too much of a financial or time commitment for you in the past, now is the perfect opportunity for you to join the mighty, mighty, Kilties.  

(Dues have been adjusted to $50 - for the whole season!)" 

Edited by Terri Schehr

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I thought i read back in February that Kilties were bringing out a minicorps? 

"After months of deliberation, the Kilties have decided to step-off the field of competition for the 2017 season.  We are making this adjustment to realign fundraising and expenses.  

The Kilties will be performing in mini corps, parades and exhibitions.  

If doing a full season of drum corps has been too much of a financial or time commitment for you in the past, now is the perfect opportunity for you to join the mighty, mighty, Kilties.  

(Dues have been adjusted to $50 - for the whole season!)" 

Any scores yet???  :lol:

• Haha 4

On 8/20/2017 at 9:43 PM, scottmkeen said:

9:00 - Tri-Valley Brass

9:15 - Brig Juice

9:30 - Bridgemen

9:45 - Freelancers

10:00 - Star United

*tentative and unofficial. 

Yikes.  This is pretty sad but like I said in earlier posts, if it's not worth it, what's the point?T  he fun isn't there apparently and the mini's that used to come with the big corps, are focusing more on the field than I&E.  

Oh well, maybe next year with a new venue, maybe DCA can find a way to make it worth the entry fee to get a better mini turnout.

Could they take out the numerical score?  Just adjudicate it?  Superior-Thanks for coming?  

Mini used to be a well anticipated event every year.  Sure, with the rise and demise of different corps, there's bound to be changes, but this lineup just makes me sad.  Look back a few years and you'll see that you're missing: Thunderbirds, Ghost Riders, Mass Brass, Minne-Brass, Renegades, and the list goes on.  Like I said, with the rise and demise of groups, priorities change.

Edited by ErieSopMike

There are smaller options that groups can consider where they can present well and enjoy things, Mike. :winky:

I think you have to find out where you fit in regards to people, time, talent, and money. IIRC, some of the larger groups that used to do Minis scaled back into the "Large ensemble" class.

4 hours ago, BigW said:

There are smaller options that groups can consider where they can present well and enjoy things, Mike. :winky:

I think you have to find out where you fit in regards to people, time, talent, and money. IIRC, some of the larger groups that used to do Minis scaled back into the "Large ensemble" class.

Exactly.

And... like I've said a few times.... the years when we had, what, 10 or more mini-corps were the exception, not the norm.

The norm has been more like it is this year... basically in the 5 to 7 range.

Edited by Fran Haring

On 8/20/2017 at 8:43 PM, scottmkeen said:

9:00 - Tri-Valley Brass

9:15 - Brig Juice

9:30 - Bridgemen

9:45 - Freelancers

10:00 - Star United

*tentative and unofficial. 

Strong Field . I'm sure Star United is nervous