Death to the Seat Poachers

42 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Ya, the seat poaching problem sounds pretty bad, but death seems a bit extreme. Can't we just give them cake instead? Is cake an option?

Waffles?

• Like 2

I didn't experience any rudeness related to this.  And I don't mind loaning out a seat in my block if I know it's unoccupied for the night or until a certain point in time.  I think the challenge was on Saturday night.  It seems most complaining about this were in section 100, as was I.  I was on the 10th row on the 50 in 140 (incredible music seats!).  The way the stadium is designed, between sections 138 and 142, the entry is confined.  There were huge traffic jams with seat poachers having to vacate at the same time the paying customers were trying to get in - especially in the 10-12 block.  DCI DOES need to ensure tickets are validated at the entry to those sections - at least on Saturday night.  I was not once asked to show my ticket the entire week.

Harvey

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Ya, the seat poaching problem sounds pretty bad, but death seems a bit extreme. Can't we just give them cake instead? Is cake an option?

Hmmm...if we give them cake, they will....er....expand width-wise and therefore end up poaching even MORE seats.   :innocent:

• Like 2

I have to say - all of the MMs who tried to poach in my Friends section were very nice when I asked them to move. They mostly were surprised and unsure where else to go, or were surprised that their wristband wasn't an "all-access pass" as one MM called it. I would point them to the end zone sections and they almost always thanked me. Surprisingly, I only got grief from two people, both adults, one of whom was exceptionally rude. 

If parents wandered into my section to see their kid perform, of course I let them stay while that corps performed, and they were always nice about moving afterward. I also let people stay for one performance if they were dashing around at the last minute looking for their seats, rather than have them distract everyone else. But I didn't work Finals night, so things were a touch more relaxed.  

15 minutes ago, PaminIndy said:

I have to say - all of the MMs who tried to poach in my Friends section were very nice when I asked them to move. They mostly were surprised and unsure where else to go, or were surprised that their wristband wasn't an "all-access pass" as one MM called it. I would point them to the end zone sections and they almost always thanked me. Surprisingly, I only got grief from two people, both adults, one of whom was exceptionally rude. 

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression for most shows that the members finish their shows, change clothes and often hit the road before scores are even announced.  Maybe they don't have a whole lot of experience watching shows and haven't been told what the rules are.  For Finals, I suspect the members you are talking about are non-Finalists because the Finalists have to keep their uniforms on for retreat.

I'm a dinosaur and, in my day, we had a retreat every single show.  Once we performed, we had to keep our uniforms on and either sat in the back stands or on the side until we had to form up for retreat, but you would never see us in our uniforms trying to get a seat in the main section.  I usually always saw our competitors' shows from the back or side.  I know many of today's corps have rules members follow while in uniform.  But, I wonder if anyone tells them any guidelines for seating at the show.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression for most shows that the members finish their shows, change clothes and often hit the road before scores are even announced.  Maybe they don't have a whole lot of experience watching shows and haven't been told what the rules are.  For Finals, I suspect the members you are talking about are non-Finalists because the Finalists have to keep their uniforms on for retreat.

I'm a dinosaur and, in my day, we had a retreat every single show.  Once we performed, we had to keep our uniforms on and either sat in the back stands or on the side until we had to form up for retreat, but you would never see us in our uniforms trying to get a seat in the main section.  I usually always saw our competitors' shows from the back or side.  I know many of today's corps have rules members follow while in uniform.  But, I wonder if anyone tells them any guidelines for seating at the show.

on tour of course.  no one really waits for scores and there's not retreats anymore. but in indy, where everyone is around for the week, many just stay.  such as semi's.  where you've got all of Open Class, and World class members finishing their performance, then coming into the stadium to watch and wait for the age out ceremony and scores.

2 hours ago, TexasPRfan said:

I didn't experience any rudeness related to this.  And I don't mind loaning out a seat in my block if I know it's unoccupied for the night or until a certain point in time.  I think the challenge was on Saturday night.  It seems most complaining about this were in section 100, as was I.  I was on the 10th row on the 50 in 140 (incredible music seats!).  The way the stadium is designed, between sections 138 and 142, the entry is confined.  There were huge traffic jams with seat poachers having to vacate at the same time the paying customers were trying to get in - especially in the 10-12 block.  DCI DOES need to ensure tickets are validated at the entry to those sections - at least on Saturday night.  I was not once asked to show my ticket the entire week.

Harvey

I wasn't asked to see my tickets once in three days after I came into the stadium.  

Edited by Terri Schehr

59 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Just like you said, We had to wait out the show in unis.   The only times we got to change and go back in with a pass were prelim shows.   And I clearly remember being told to go to the back stands.  I know that's not an option at LOS but the sides should be where they're directed to go, 

Edited by Terri Schehr

Just now, Kevin. said:

Tell me about these "friends of DCI"seats.  How much do I need to contribute?  Also, can I just give them cake?  Is cake an option?

Wait for it .......

• Like 1