The potential new home of the Nashville TOC show

16 hours ago, Bobby L. Collins said:

$$$$$

When they started having a regional in Murfreesboro, Sevierville began to flop.

It does look like Knoxville will now host a yearly open class show, but only around 1,500 attended this year (admittedly, it was the first show at that school, and the director is a huge drum corps fan, so one can expect it to grow in future).  But the danger of having events too close to each other is that will jeopardize DCI's ability to boast about record-breaking attendance at regionals.  The same would be true if a single venue had two different shows in the same season.

Gotta keep their options limited if you want to keep shaking all the nickels and dimes out of their trousers. 

The Knoxville Open Class show pretty much filled the HS stadium where it was held.  I expect it to continue and grow.

2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

The Knoxville Open Class show pretty much filled the HS stadium where it was held.  I expect it to continue and grow.

The distance from Chester, PA to Clifton, NJ is 115 miles; both shows well attended.

Nashville to Knoxville are 180 miles apart. The depth of the corps in each show would have more influence than mere distance.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

The distance from Chester, PA to Clifton, NJ is 115 miles; both shows well attended.

Nashville to Knoxville are 180 miles apart. The depth of the corps in each show would have more influence than mere distance.

Yep -- especially if they remain TOC and Open Class shows.  With little overlap, the variety may entice folks to attend both. 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2017 at 6:51 PM, MikeRapp said:

I wasn't aware Music City was world class???

15 hours ago, Tuba1919 said:

I wasn't aware Music City was world class???

They're not, but are expected to be by the time the new proposed stadium opens.

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

They're not, but are expected to be by the time the new proposed stadium opens.

I genuinely do wish them well....I just hope they don't continue to emulate the medalists.  That's not the way forward for ANYONE, much less the home team.

• Like 1