Which Corps will be the recipient of the Ott ?

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'm of the biased opinion BD should've won it this year... and I'm betting that I will believe the same when next season rolls around too

To me either BD or Crown was fine winning brass. Both were fabulous lines and the only two really in contention for the award. This particular year I do think Blue Devils' demand in range, meter, rhythmic variance, chromatic structure, section exposure was likely a bit more. But both were fantastic. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flammaster said:

They used to have DEMAND as part of the caption. not anynore but now some corps just play a bunch of whole notes and do a couple quick flurries.  Imagine how bad ### it would be if someone played the whole flight of the bumblebee old school. (y'know playing ALL the notes instead of trading off) and I be they would refuse to use in ear metronomes as well and still clobber everyone.

I prefer Crown's version of Bumblebee over BD's this year. Crown, however, just played this for fun - not in their show. 

• Like 1

Until BD and Crown lose Meehan and Harloff, they'll both be in the running for the Ott. You can say the same for the Sanford with Rennick and Johnson at SCV and BD and the Zingali with Chandler at BD and, I might get some people disagreeing here, Townsend at Boston. I'm not saying these corps will always win these captions but each of these staff members will ALWAYS have their captions in the medal hunt for each respective caption until they retire.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2017 at 10:07 PM, luv4corps said:

And I don't see the Academy overtaking Bloo's brass anytime soon - no disrespect to the Academy.

But you know that is where their aiming

23 hours ago, wilme861 said:

Until BD and Crown lose Meehan and Harloff, they'll both be in the running for the Ott. You can say the same for the Sanford with Rennick and Johnson at SCV and BD and the Zingali with Chandler at BD and, I might get some people disagreeing here, Townsend at Boston. I'm not saying these corps will always win these captions but each of these staff members will ALWAYS have their captions in the medal hunt for each respective caption until they retire.

Staff is always evolving, the greats of tomorrow, may soon be today.

16 hours ago, onionhead said:

But you know that is where their aiming

It's a great goal for any corps.  Just a tall order!

On 8/18/2017 at 6:47 PM, onionhead said:

It would be great to see a high energy corps win again

Huh? Other corps are low energy? I don't get this. So you mean drill wise? Cadets won ott in 2015 with crazy drill. Not getting what you mean I guess 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2017 at 8:01 PM, onionhead said:

Nothing against the BlueCoats, I loved their show again this year, and their brass. But I don't see them pushing there book that far.

Bluecoats = one word. Don't make me come over there. (I can't believe I'm still fighting this battle.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1