Last Week end of the regular season

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Time-honored words of wisdom. :tongue:

aint been wrong yet! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That's what happened.  

No worries.  They're ready no matter what time they're performing in prelims.   :bored:

And with DCA's judging system, an early prelims seed shouldn't be much of a factor, if any.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to Big Sounds Saturday.  Quite a lineup!!!

Brenda and I are just fans this weekend. Nice to not have to be anywhere at any particular time except in the seats!!!  LOL

Honestly, this is the first time in a long, long time when I've been to a show the weekend before Labor Day. Sometime in the 1980s, I think was the last time for me.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 4:12 PM, Terri Schehr said:

No shows.  They're working smart all next weekend! 

Terri was CT invited  to do the last show of the season in Atlanta  ?

Edited by Florida Sun
spelling correction

I don't usually respond to social media but to clear up what happened to Cincinnati Tradition this DCA season.  These are shows we signed up for:

August 5th Racine - Canceled

August 5th Woodstock - Canceled

August 19th Erie -  Canceled

August 25th Hiram - Moved to a Sunday night, unable to travel due to a 8:30pm start on a work and school night.

We were offered a Minnesota show late and due to 12 hours one way, we couldn't do that this season.  Therefore we had no shows to go to in DCA.  Maybe next year!

Tom Slade - Director

Cincinnati Tradition

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

That sucks.  Too bad you guys at CT couldn't have slimmed down the roster and met the minicorps eligibility.  Sure, it's not field work, but you would've been there.  

Like you said though, maybe next year.

3 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

That sucks.  Too bad you guys at CT couldn't have slimmed down the roster and met the minicorps eligibility.  Sure, it's not field work, but you would've been there.  

Like you said though, maybe next year.

Not sure why they'd want to do that rather than focus on getting the full corps ready for DCA weekend. It wouldn't have earned them a score for Prelims seeding.

(When CT did both a field show and a slimmed-down version of the same production for minicorps performance two or three years ago, the latter felt to me like wasted effort.)

• Like 1

A classic case of "circumstances well beyond their control" for CT. 

Hopefully all goes well for them in Rochester!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Not sure why they'd want to do that rather than focus on getting the full corps ready for DCA weekend. It wouldn't have earned them a score for Prelims seeding.

(When CT did both a field show and a slimmed-down version of the same production for minicorps performance two or three years ago, the latter felt to me like wasted effort.)

Whoops, my bad, for some reason thought they weren't going to DCA's...  Workin 3rd shift messes with ya, lol.  

• Like 1