Labor Wknd weather

True! My first time seeing any DCA corps was Finals at Annapolis in 2012, and I bought my ticket late based on comments here that made me question what I'd been told 20+ years before about the senior corps being no good, but I drove that seven hours knowing the forecast said 70% chance of storms. They held off until after the event was done, and I've wondered if sheer relief may have contributed to how much I enjoyed the shows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

True! My first time seeing any DCA corps was Finals at Annapolis in 2012, and I bought my ticket late based on comments here that made me question what I'd been told 20+ years before about the senior corps being no good, but I drove that seven hours knowing the forecast said 70% chance of storms. They held off until after the event was done, and I've wondered if sheer relief may have contributed to how much I enjoyed the shows.

One year in Rochester, I watched the storms move all around the area but not a drop until the show was over.  I've been extremely lucky this year.  Great weather at every show I've attended.  Let's hope my luck hold out one more weekend. 

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

That was an interesting weather weekend, to say the least.  LOL.

I've lived in the Baltimore/Annapolis/DC area for more than 25 years now.... first of all, it's usually not that hot at that time of year... normally more like the low 80s or so, but nice at night, 60s to near 70, and nowhere near as cold as it can get on a Rochester evening. Honestly, if it ever gets that cold in Annapolis at that time of year, we're in end times.  :tongue:

But 2012... a tropical system in the area meant hot and humid, with the rain chances.

I commuted to and from home that year... after the rain-delay Saturday show, I was about a half hour away from the stadium, halfway home, and saw there was no rain anywhere, and the roads weren't even wet, no small puddles, nothing. Apparently all the rain had parked over Annapolis.  LOL.

But Sunday was the exact opposite. No rain at the stadium.... but a half-hour or so away, closer to Baltimore, pouring rain.

Edited by Fran Haring

Of course, the flip side to all this is...

I know I've posted this before, but as a friend once told me:  The forecast might call for a 30 percent chance of rain... but if it's raining where you're standing, it's 100 percent.  :tongue:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

That was an interesting weather weekend, to say the least.  LOL.

I've lived in the Baltimore/Annapolis/DC area for more than 25 years now.... first of all, it's usually not that hot at that time of year... normally more like the low 80s or so, but nice at night, 60s to near 70, and nowhere near as cold as it can get on a Rochester evening. Honestly, if it ever gets that cold in Annapolis at that time of year, we're in end times.  :tongue:

But 2012... a tropical system in the area meant hot and humid, with the rain chances.

I commuted to and from home that year... after the rain-delay Saturday show, I was about a half hour away from the stadium, halfway home, and saw there was no rain anywhere, and the roads weren't even wet, no small puddles, nothing. Apparently all the rain had parked over Annapolis.  LOL.

But Sunday was the exact opposite. No rain at the stadium.... but a half-hour or so away, closer to Baltimore, pouring rain.

It was sweltering at prelims.  I'm a pretty tough gal but even I had to get up and get in some shade for a few minutes. 

Annapolis is my absolute favorite place to ever go for DCA.  Day trip to Kent island, river cruise, the seafood...I'd go back in a NY minute. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It was sweltering at prelims.  I'm a pretty tough gal but even I had to get up and get in some shade for a few minutes. 

Annapolis is my absolute favorite place to ever go for DCA.  Day trip to Kent island, river cruise, the seafood...I'd go back in a NY minute. 

It's a great town. All sorts of great sites, restaurants, etc.,  and with Baltimore, DC, and the Eastern Shore all close by, what's not to like?

And I agree, a wonderful venue for marching music. I'd say that even if I lived 100 hours away instead of one. LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

yeah i loved it there. granted i love the DelMarVa region

Looks like another tropical storm brewing off the Carolina;s hope that one fades of fast.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:49 AM, dbriggs said:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USNY1232:1:US 

was going to add, "It could change". Think I'll go with, "It will change". Question is, how much

20 % chance of showers for saturday ---60% on Sunday newest weather 

newest update is 50% chance of rain AM Sunday 

Edited by Florida Sun