Labor Wknd weather

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

(Also, I just saw that one weather station there has recorded 49 inches of rain. So far.)

Just heard on the local news that the 49 inches recorded in the Houston area  is the record rainfall for a single storm in U.S. history.  That is really bad.

And even when the rain stops, the flooding will continue for a while. Unbelievable.

15 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Just heard on the local news that the 49 inches recorded in the Houston area  is the record rainfall for a single storm in U.S. history.  That is really bad.

And even when the rain stops, the flooding will continue for a while. Unbelievable.

It's gonna take a long time for that area to get back to normal, if ever.  

56 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Prelims are over at 8:15pm so we should be good to go Saturday.  Sunday looks bad, though. 

Crossing my fingers that the heavy stuff passes by Sunday morning (maybe affecting the alumni show?).

• Sad 1

Latest I just saw from weatherchannel.com looks dry for the whole weekend; the predicted high temperatures for the weekend for Rochester are lower than the predicted low temperatures for our home area for the weekend!  Fingers crossed that the forecast holds and prayers for Texas.

• Like 1

As we speak,  Mr. Olderman is saying, "Look, I know my name is Harvey, and I marched with the Hurricanes, but this storm is NOT MY FAULT!!!  LOL   (RIP Harvey)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Prelims are over at 8:15pm so we should be good to go Saturday.  Sunday looks bad, though. 

it will keep changing as it moves northeast. I've seen tracks where it doesnt get that far over into NY. 

• Like 1

And now, several hours later, weatherchannel.com is back to predicting 40% morning showers on Sunday.  Perhaps if we're lucky, they'll be REALLY early.  I will be packing the rain gear; I live in FL so I'm used to the daily rain, and I sat through Ernesto in prelims those many years back so "showers" won't kill me.

NWS now says:

--Sunny and 63F on Friday

--Clear and 43F on Friday night

--Sunny and 71F on Saturday

--Mostly cloudy then 70% chance of showers and 57F on Saturday night -- but showers mainly after 2 a.m.

--60% chance of showers then cloudy and 72F on Sunday -- but showers mainly before 8 a.m.

--Partly cloudy and 58F on Sunday night.

Let's hope that holds, because the timing is darn near perfect.

On 8/22/2017 at 5:49 AM, dbriggs said:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USNY1232:1:US 

was going to add, "It could change". Think I'll go with, "It will change". Question is, how much

Looking more and more like prelimn scores might stand ,and sunday might just be exibitions .Oh remmber well the last time that happened ,it was Allentown