2017 Favorite "Moments"

18 hours ago, GalacticToast said:

Often overlooked because it followed the god-like ballad, but BD's blob form where everyone rocked back and forth with one single member staring up at the audience during the intro to the drum break was awesome. 

Fwiw I heard some awkward laughter during that part of their Nashville show.

Oh yeah. 

This.

Anyone who says Open Class doesn't bring the drama that finals night does is absolutely wrong.

7Rfeels.gif

• Like 1

Bloo's wah-wah pedal on the end duet...AND the fact that no one tumbled down that ramp (scared the crap out of me all year).

SCV's flag feature near the end....absolutely nails.

Ending of BAC

And of course...in first place....

• Like 2

BD's bumblebee stuff when they're moving down the 3 lines, the solos in the ballad, the trumpet feature, and of course the "Concord Blue Devils" quote.

SCV's build up and release in the ballad, mellos in the closer, and really the whole closer.

Bluecoat's closer with the fast approaching drill.

Boston's "Witch!" moment with the guard catch, the singer and hornline in the ballad, and the fire at the end.

BK's opening soloist to the first big hit.

Edited by Narrow
  • Like 1

I've seen a lot of my favorites mentioned already. Some that I didn't see mentioned so far:

"That's all Folks" closer in the academy

"What do you see" concept from the Mandarins and MAN were they GOOD.

The lush balance of the OC on their system blue insturments.

The Bluecoats trombone soloist...yeah buddy.

The crossmen percussion feature... probably my favorite of the night.

I don't think the most moving moment of the year for me was mentioned yet either. The Boston Crusaders:  The vocalist (yes the vocalist) fades off with her etherial "with you" then the brass so perfectly and expressively takes over the chorus of wicked game. Pure beautiful magic.

Other favs:

The Bluecoats closer

Cadets Amen chord

BDs step-off and field enterance

Crown brass

Madison doing the Fleur.  Oh and their big sound is back

Honorable mentions:

The entire BK show and it's intrigue

SCV swing jazz moment

Blue Stars big brass moments

The Cavaliers big Mars hit.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

Seriously, and I never thought I would say something like this, but one of my favorite moments was the Wicked Game vocal section. Does not change my opinion on despising 'adults' running the sound board, but that vocal section was beautifully done.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Seriously, and I never thought I would say something like this, but one of my favorite moments was the Wicked Game vocal section. Does not change my opinion on despising 'adults' running the sound board, but that vocal section was beautifully done.

The way it ended was really magical, tailing off into dissonance. There was so much great design in that show. It makes me wonder just how much of their bag of tricks this design team put out there this year. They won't be sneaking up on anyone next year.

• Like 3