2017 DCA Prelims Discussion

45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

How odd that the Guvies are set off from the rest of their class by the intermission (as if the judges can't hold it for one more corps.) One might think that better judging standards would have the whole class together uninterrupted. It's almost like BOA rigidity.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, xandandl said:

How odd that the Guvies are set off from the rest of their class by the intermission (as if the judges can't hold it for one more corps.) One might think that better judging standards would have the whole class together uninterrupted. It's almost like BOA rigidity.

I was wondering the same thing.  In recent years, the Class A corps have been grouped together, followed by the Open corps. This year, Gold (Open) is performing before Govies (Class A).

I'm guessing there was a rules change?  I have no idea.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

They did change a little. They go by highest score no matter which class. 

Its hard to go after Intermission. They are sooo good this year  ;)

No matter Grenies should be going on with the rest of the Class A corps ,will DCA ever get this right ?There\s only 5 Class A corps so whats the big deal not putting them together 'And if they want groups of 6 then put Gold on last in the first group.

Edited by Florida Sun

1 hour ago, larry p said:

Thanks for clarifying!!! Just the way the seed scores lined up.  No rules change. No problem.

Edited by Fran Haring

42 minutes ago, Florida Sun said:

No matter Grenies should be going on with the rest of the Class A corps ,will DCA ever get this right ?There\s only 5 Class A corps so whats the big deal not putting them together 'And if they want groups of 6 then put Gold on last in the first group.

But the Class A corps can still qualify for voting membership if they get one of the 10 highest scores, and having them automatically go on before all open class corps could be disadvantageous in that regard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Spandy said:

But the Class A corps can still qualify for voting membership if they get one of the 10 highest scores, and having them automatically go on before all open class corps could be disadvantageous in that regard.

Great point. Totally agree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, larry p said:

So change the intermission to after G goes on. Sssh, common sense.

I know, I'm an outsider whose only DCA finals was the year the Kiltie died in the middle of their performance in Scranton. RIP.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

dear x,

couldn't you have said that a little nicer. Lothar was a friend (to all).

• Like 3