My long, long, LONG review

I did not think it would happen, but I actually found a person who said he really liked the Cavaliers Color Guard uniforms. There's lots of good things I can say about the Cavaliers, but those ugly greenies with the numbers and knee pads arn't one of them for me. But that's why savvy ice cream stores carry 20 or more kinds of ice cream. To each his own !

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my take on those uniforms: first reaction was: holy ####, wtf was that designer thinking. then i saw it in the context of the show, and really like them

I like to think I am/was a great baritone player. James has chunks of guys like me in his stool.

Looks like Madison is back, ladies and gentlemen. Good to see you guys again. By the way...the

drill was super nice...much better than what I have come to expect, do they have a new drill writer?

Hilarious quote from Frank Sinatra (Phil Hartman) there!!!

And yes, Madison has a new drill writer - Jamie Thompson (formerly

of Glassmen) and one of the techs is Jeremy Hunt (from 'Coats)

We also have Jennifer Leseath (From Phantom) on color guard!!!

This team has really pulled off an outstanding comeback in the

visual department and I hope it does nothing but improve from

now on!!! Next agenda - PERCUSSION...I have a feeling those young

guys in the drum line will really improve next year and I hear rumors

that they are looking to add some heavy hitters to the drum staff

...so look out [:)] ....Also, the hornline will be going Bb!!! When I first

heard that I was skeptical...now that I've heard other hornlines like

Phantom sound extraordinary, (sp) I'm totally psyched!!!

Anyway Nick, excellant review!!!

Yes, I understood the context that the show coordinator was trying to convey to the crowd with the theme, and the Cavies Guard uniforms were an attempt to fit that theme. But it didn't work for me even in that context. They were simply godawful. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by starting line

Great review Nikk, loved it! REGIMENT ROCKED THE HOUSE On Saturday! The video clip on DCI.org blew me away.

NIKk, PLEASE Oh PLEASE< see my post regarding: "What did PR's last 10 secs of finals sound like" (What were they playing -- crowd drowned it out!!)

NIKk, PLEASE Oh PLEASE< see my post regarding: "What did PR's last 10 secs of finals sound like" (What were they playing -- crowd drowned it out!!)

I couldn't hear it in the stands, either! :P

Wow! What a great review. Thanks for taking the time to crank that out.

Folks...here's proof positive that Nikk Pilato and Lee Rudnicki are long-separated twins (never mind the age differance)...FANTASTIC review, Nikk! Quite funny at points, also.

I disagree witha lot of your points (Mandarins being a good example), but I attribute that more to the fact that you actually have training and experience running a program, whereas I just sit in the stands and if a program gets me off...so be it!

Thanks for the honesty...