2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

Just now, KVG_DC said:

This is volume!  Wow.

Bucs sweep this show.

The ONLY question, I think, is guard.  But that was quite a statement they just made!!!!

• Like 1

Hah!   "Last seen being removed from the pit by the Phantom Regiment"

• Haha 1

Skyliners coming on for Xhibition with 

Skyliners "Xscape"

All the Rowboats, Regina Spektor
Escape to Paradise from "Chicken Run", by John Powell and Harry Gregson-Williams
Xscape, Michael Jackson
Lost Boy, Ruth B
Kingfishers Catch Fire Mvt. 2, John Mackey

• Thanks 1

So, I have a confession to make...

I should have marched this show. I was going to march this show until about 3 days before Membership Day. I decided to give up my last chance at marching to go forward with my teching career. This proved to be a poor decision, as I was suddenly let go from my position a few months later.

It has crushed me that i lost that opportunity, and as a result I had anxiety issues any time I was to go see them this year. I bought tickets to the home show last week and didn't go. I felt awful, until I saw this show tonight. These guys are family, and I know they'll always be there for me even if I'm too weak to support them... 

50 lbs overweight be ######. Financial instability be ######. If the corps I teach doesn't go out next year, I'm marching. For my family in blue, for myself, for closure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Aw.  Go for it!  

Like I said, I may be teching an A Class group making their competitive debut next year. That's my top commitment right now. But I do want to get one last year in with my blue family. Or maybe two, to balance 4 years of Bucs with 4 years of Surf.

Star United is the Mini Corps champions coming on.  Not sure what they'll be playing.

Last year I had my doubts but not this year....wow...just wow!!! The best ever? and I am a proud homer...lol

Edited by Bucbari
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bucbari said:

Last year I had my doubts but not this year....wow...just wow!!! The best ever? and I am a proud homer...lol

good for you and DrS and others in this conversation as Bucs Alumni.  Proud moment for sure.

Last year, I really thought C2 deserved it.  It was a shocking, crazy moment.

Tonight, Bucs cranked out an awesome show.  And so did Cabs and CV in particular.

If CV wins I would look at recaps and try to figure out how they did it.  But, it could happen and I'll say be deserved.  Just thought I'd go on record about that.

A little extra competition at this point, very healthy.   The shows and the complete corps tonight, all awesome.  

Proud to have been in and be staying close with the activity.   (don't look at our national and world news until next day - this is a true getaway!)

And Moto, yah go for it.  (easier said than done)

• Like 2