2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

You managed to get it. 

You guys...your misogyny is showing. 

I'm on staff for a DCA corps. As such, I received a copy of the rule book, along with specific instructions not to distribute it outside my corps. DCA is very picky about who has access to it.

When we were reapplying to DCA for the 2014 season, we asked for a copy of the book so we could design our show to fit the rules, and were denied access to it. Only member corps are allowed.

Edited by Spandy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spandy said:

I'm on staff for a DCA corps. As such, I received a copy of the rule book, along with specific instructions not to distribute it outside my corps. DCA is very picky about who has access to it.

When we were reapplying to DCA for the 2014 season, we asked for a copy of the book so we could design our show to fit the rules, and were denied access to it. Only member corps are allowed.

I find that very hard to believe that DCA would not allow access to their rule book to their participants.  

50 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I find that very hard to believe that DCA would not allow access to their rule book to their participants.  

I'm simply relaying what was told to us at the time. Perhaps other new corps applying for membership have had different experiences.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

no you can believe it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spandy said:

That is crazy.  They should at least allow a representative of your corps, chaperoned by member corps personnel, to visit the secured vault where the rulebook is kept (no cameras allowed).

How can it possibly be fair to have a contest, and only let certain competitors see the rules?

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

That is crazy.  They should at least allow a representative of your corps, chaperoned by member corps personnel, to visit the secured vault where the rulebook is kept (no cameras allowed).

How can it possibly be fair to have a contest, and only let certain competitors see the rules?

Yea, plus it's not like the thing includes state secrets or matters of national security. It's a freakin' rule book. I have a copy...the idea that is must be kept secret is mind-numbing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

"There’s no point acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display in your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years, so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaint and it’s far too late to start making a fuss about it now."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Could explain why there are so few different DCA winners at championships. 

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Could explain why there are so few different DCA winners at championships. 

Could, but the Bucs are just that good too.  They have the formula for success right now and they're sailing into the sunset with it.

Obviously at some point, someone will knock them off again, and it'll be a big deal when it happens.  

5 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

Could, but the Bucs are just that good too.  They have the formula for success right now and they're sailing into the sunset with it.

Obviously at some point, someone will knock them off again, and it'll be a big deal when it happens.  

I don't disagree with you at all. It's just that Hopkins had to hire out most of Buc's key admin folks and brass guy to beat the Bucs for C2 to win. (Yup, he pulled a Boston on Reading.)  But then Gino returned to Bucs and the pendalum swung back. Not too wide an arc.

• Like 1