2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Well... they are DCA's version of BD, in terms of success!!!   LOL

Over the past fifteen years, you might argue that in terms of success, BD is DCI's version of the Bucs.

Blue Devils 2003-2017:  8 times at 1st place; 5 times at 2nd place, 1 time at 3rd place; 1 time at 4th place.

Buccaneers 2003-2017:  11 times at 1st place; 2 times at 2nd place; 1 time at 3rd place; 1 time at 5th place.

Obviously it's not a cut-and-dried as that, but still.

35 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Over the past fifteen years, you might argue that in terms of success, BD is DCI's version of the Bucs.

Blue Devils 2003-2017:  8 times at 1st place; 5 times at 2nd place, 1 time at 3rd place; 1 time at 4th place.

Buccaneers 2003-2017:  11 times at 1st place; 2 times at 2nd place; 1 time at 3rd place; 1 time at 5th place.

Obviously it's not a cut-and-dried as that, but still.

And since 2005, every year except three (2011, 2014, 2016) have been undefeated seasons.

Not too shabby.  LOL.

28 minutes ago, joefanalum said:
by the way... might have missed the answer to this...
Fran did not do the announcing for the minis or finals as he normally does..

any reason  ??..

also did not see him around shows...

I see he is active in this forum...

hope all is well

Pete

Thanks, Pete.  I'm fine!!!

I'll send you a PM.

On 9/6/2017 at 4:33 PM, Jim Schehr said:

Both on ignore bye bye

people just get insane on here - good for you on just putting them on ignore

it takes conversations sideways - and who the heck wants FEWER corps at DCA (or DCI) finals?

the whole thread dragged into negativity when we should be still talking about the finals performances and how it sets up things maybe for next season...

Anyway - I don't get some people. Probably never will

This isn't life and death & it's supposed to be fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2017 at 5:09 PM, Jeff Ream said:

It's not an issue, as I've said elsewhere, because of one simple fact:

DCA judges hold numbers for x amount of corps... then can go back and adjust as they need in those blocks. So if they're on first and a judge says 82/81, and after seeing three corps that may not be as good, or fit that criteria on the sheet, and CT should be higher, that judge can go back and make their number and 84/83 or whatever.

The old days of appearance order being life or death literally means nothing now. We've seen it at DCI shows using the TOC system where BD goes on, like, third, and still wins, and doesn't see their number shift drastically from the day before.

So why bother seeding at all? Why not just put the corps on at Prelims in random order, if it makes no difference?

Do the corps think it makes no difference?

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

people just get insane on here - good for you on just putting them on ignore

it takes conversations sideways - and who the heck wants FEWER corps at DCA (or DCI) finals?

the whole thread dragged into negativity when we should be still talking about the finals performances and how it sets up things maybe for next season...

Anyway - I don't get some people. Probably never will

This isn't life and death & it's supposed to be fun

It's a little tough in the DCA area of DCP if you aren't recognized as a DCA person.  Midwesterners are pretty much an uninvited guest to a private party. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It's a little tough in the DCA area of DCP if you aren't recognized as a DCA person.  Midwesterners are pretty much an uninvited guest to a private party. 

I'm sorry it's been that way for you. Speaking as a Clevelander (and with no drum corps experience), I've always felt welcome to participate here.

• Like 1

Wore my Kidsgrove "Montagues & Capulets" shirt at work today, for obvious reasons.

• Like 1