2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

On 9/8/2017 at 10:43 PM, Terri Schehr said:

It's a little tough in the DCA area of DCP if you aren't recognized as a DCA person.  Midwesterners are pretty much an uninvited guest to a private party. 

I welcome all, even Ohio State fans

especially today :bluedevil:

Edited by Jeff Ream
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2017 at 10:53 PM, hairbear said:

I think it all boils down to this: shows are won or lost on the rehearsal field. The  class A contest results would seem to support my opinion.

Part true: they're also won or lost in the design meetings, recruitment process and winter

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Funny part about that is your statement is complete BS. I, along with every other caption head in DCA, was sent a current copy of the rule book back in the spring, directly from DCA.

I never had to ask.

Logic

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 10:43 PM, Terri Schehr said:

It's a little tough in the DCA area of DCP if you aren't recognized as a DCA person.  Midwesterners are pretty much an uninvited guest to a private party. 

maybe 5 years ago there were quite a few Kilties and MBI people on here, don't know what happened to them I guess they just got worn down. And the main score tracking colunm is usually updated by someone from Chops.  The DCA community on here is pretty small so 2 or 3 people leaving may change the balance of folks here, Now the DCA judging box may be a little different, but that is a result of tradition and where most of the corps and shows are and I have heard of attempts to create more geographic diversity with the judges.

46 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That game was so boring, I was falling asleep.  

Brenda and I watched most of the Auburn-Clemson game... both of us pulling for Clemson.  Lots of defense... not much offense. To put it mildly.  LOL.

Only saw a moment here and there of the OSU-OU game.  Same with ND-Georgia.

And the USC-Stanford game... seems like the USC folks didn't take too kindly to so many pundits picking the Cardinal to win the game.  :tongue:

On 9/10/2017 at 9:57 AM, totaleefree said:

maybe 5 years ago there were quite a few Kilties and MBI people on here, don't know what happened to them I guess they just got worn down. ....

Honestly, it may be the fact that this forum has become mostly irrelevant. The same dozen or more people posting the same thoughts over and over has become tired. If this forum is truly the voice of All-Age drum corps, then that activity is on life-support. :41_pensive:

4 hours ago, Ron H said:

Honestly, it may be the fact that this forum has become mostly irrelevant. The same dozen or more people posting the same thoughts over and over has become tired. If this forum is truly the voice of All-Age drum corps, then that activity is on life-support. :41_pensive:

Most of the DCA-related conversation has moved to Facebook groups and the growing /r/drumcorps subreddit. To be honest, this isn't a DCA thing, it's an internet thing. Dedicated forum web sites are really a thing of the past.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Most of the DCA-related conversation has moved to Facebook groups and the growing /r/drumcorps subreddit. To be honest, this isn't a DCA thing, it's an internet thing. Dedicated forum web sites are really a thing of the past.

Bingo - DCP isn't the place for an organization to provide current updates and information to their MM's or fans, or recruiting and performance info either (No relevant audience). Discussions are mostly remember when (Lowest form of Conversation <1$> Tony Soprano), and speculation arguments about current rules and processes. So with the exception of death notices, HOF inductees and alumni events, the DCA forum is irrelevant in this new era of the activity. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2017 at 10:25 PM, Ron H said:

On 9/13/2017 at 3:10 AM, Kamarag said:

20 hours ago, Jim Schehr said:

Bingo - DCP isn't the place for an organization to provide current updates and information to their MM's or fans, or recruiting and performance info either (No relevant audience). Discussions are mostly remember when (Lowest form of Conversation <1$> Tony Soprano), and speculation arguments about current rules and processes. So with the exception of death notices, HOF inductees and alumni events, the DCA forum is irrelevant in this new era of the activity. 

Yet, you are all still here.  Go figure.

What has really changed?  DCP was never the primary place for organizations to make and control their own PR.  Corps and circuits use their own web media to do that, like they always have since before there even was a DCP.  

The DCI forum here is hugely populated and full of discussion, profound and not-so-profound.  Clearly, Drum Corps Planet is not irrelevant.  It is only the DCA side that suffers.  Maybe that reflects a decline in the general level of interest in DCA nowadays.  Or, maybe people refrain from participating here because of how they are treated when they do.

• Like 1