2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

11 hours ago, camel lips said:

Shocker !!

its become the international placement ! 

I would not not be surprised if the trophy was not engraved weeks ago ! Sad ! 

Too bad its the first time an international corps placed 7th, but facts have never been important for your conspiracy theories. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

I don't follow DCA and it may have been discussed over the years, but is it allowed for DCI mm to jump in with a DCA corps for the last few weeks?

Yes.  Been going on for decades.

58 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

CT back to back Champions in Class 'A'  with a larger spread than prelims over Govies. Made a pretty clear statement both days that they're the real deal. Interesting to see if they remain in Class 'A'  and go for the three peat or move to Open  

C2 made a big finish with their best performance of the season. Very surprised with their growth over the season. 

I can easily see CT moving up. And doing well in Open.

Edited by Fran Haring

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

I don't follow DCA and it may have been discussed over the years, but is it allowed for DCI mm to jump in with a DCA corps for the last few weeks?

I'm no means a DCA expert but I do remember once upon a time that DCA had some limit on how many additional members could march in championships against how many were counted in the line for contests in the first weekend of August or August first. Maybe they still do?  The increase of membership wasn't just the addition of DCI members to various corps but DCA veterans who sat out most of the summer and jumped in the final two weeks to add a screamer, a soloist, or some bolstered section (95 contras for instance or adding past championship flags carried in the honor guard.)

I concur with Fran that this has been going at least since DCA became All-Age rather than Senior corps. Even back then it sometimes happened I've heard.

Edited by xandandl

18 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I'm no means a DCA expert but I do remember once upon a time that DCA had some limit on how many additional members could march in championships against how many were counted in the line for contests in the first weekend of August or August first. Maybe they still do?  The increase of membership wasn't just the addition of DCI members to various corps but DCA veterans who sat out most of the summer and jumped in the final two weeks to add a screamer, a soloist, or some bolstered section (95 contras for instance or adding past championship flags carried in the honor guard.)

I concur with Fran that this has been going at least since DCA became All-Age rather than Senior corps. Even back then it sometimes happened I've heard.

I agree, I think there was some sort of "limit the number of last-minute additions" rule at one point, but that rule is long gone.  And the "adding members" thing goes back many, many years.

My days marching DCA... late 1970s-early 1980s... we had at least a couple of occasions when someone came off DCI tour and filled a spot for us down the home stretch. 

One of the people had marched with us, went to a DCI corps for a couple of years, aged out, then rejoined us for the DCA home stretch in 1981 and a full season the next year.

Also in 1981, the Hurricanes had a guy who won the DCI title with SCV that summer, then was with the Hurcs for the end of the DCA season, and won a DCA title with them!!! Not a bad summer, at all!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

Ironically last week was when Major League Baseball went to expanded rosters..... not that MLB is a model for anything........ just noting.e

Edited by JoeDz
edited for spelling and grammar

Recaps were recently posted... Bucs score 99 or higher in all subcaptions except Visual Ensemble Execution (a 98), and both Guard subcaptions. Only outscored in both Guard subcaptions and Percussion Content (a 100 for Cadets2!!!)

That's dominance, folks.

EDIT: Here's the link.

Edited by MotoSurfBass

32 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I agree, I think there was some sort of "limit the number of last-minute additions" rule at one point, but that rule is long gone.  And the "adding members" thing goes back many, many years.

What was the philosophy behind that limitation?  You would think that beyond any negative motivation to set a restriction like that, it would be difficult (and awkward) to enforce.

7 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

What was the philosophy behind that limitation?  You would think that beyond any negative motivation to set a restriction like that, it would be difficult (and awkward) to enforce.

Good point.  I heard talk back then that the rule was aimed at one particular corps.

Honestly, I never saw the point to any rule like that. Like you said...  the negative implications far outweighed any benefit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Recaps were recently posted... Bucs score 99 or higher in all subcaptions except Visual Ensemble Execution (a 98), and both Guard subcaptions. Only outscored in both Guard subcaptions and Percussion Content (a 100 for Cadets2!!!)

That's dominance, folks.

EDIT: Here's the link.

Bucs scored 19.8 to C2's 19.7 in Percussion....C2 also took 2nd in Brass......props to Bucs and C2.