2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

21 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

That would be awesome.  Would 'The Company' qualify as an all-age group?  Bring'em all over!!!! It'd be a heck of a party.

Definitely all-age. As is Jubal, who has appeared a few times in DCI. Last year those were the top three corps in DCE.

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

OK, that's how I understood it. (But I've never seen said rule book.) Yet Jim said that CT was seeded based on their DCI score at Dublin rather than on having no DCA score. Jim?

it may have been used as a reference, but the bottom line is no seeded score at a DCA sanctioned event, boom they went on first.

and with the judging system using EASS or whatever its called...holding scoring in blocks...really, it doesn't matter as CT proved

2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

For my two cents (if my opinion is actually worth that much), I just hope that no corps participant )be they performers, administrators, designers, or teaching staff) ever think about "if so-and-so isn't here, then we can get a place higher!"  That is pretty much as antithetical to excellence and achievement as you can possibly get.  Where do you get satisfaction from that?  

We're all fortunate to have Kidsgrove make all the "extra" efforts it takes to contribute to DCA in such an excellent way.  Anyone that doesn't see that has a real personal issue.  If all you want is a trophy, they don't cost much at stores . . .

preach on brother

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it may have been used as a reference, but the bottom line is no seeded score at a DCA sanctioned event, boom they went on first.

Jeff, based on the passage of the rule book that Spandy quoted, Jim has been shown to be correct that a DCI score is now acceptable in DCA. That is to say, it wasn't just a reference point, and had CT earned a higher score in DCI, they wouldn't have gone on first.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just put him on ignore.  

oh hell no...in case Ohio State loses LOL

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Oh man... can you imagine that?  Kidsgrove Scouts and Yokohama Inspires in the same year. The end of the world as we know it!!!  LOL

don't tease me

52 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

So on the topic of International corps... Did the Kingston Grenadiers count as international since they were from Canada?  In common sense terms, I'd say yes, but they were able to attend DCA shows on the regular.  @Fran Haring any insight?

key words are North American

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Jeff, based on the passage of the rule book that Spandy quoted, Jim has been shown to be correct that a DCI score is now acceptable in DCA. That is to say, it wasn't just a reference point, and had CT earned a higher score in DCI, they wouldn't have gone on first.

yup saw that after i posted, was about to offer up a "well there ya go!" just didnt get there yet

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Definitely all-age. As is Jubal, who has appeared a few times in DCI. Last year those were the top three corps in DCE.

Jubal is planning to go to DCI in 2018.  Very cool. Hans Kloppert and the crew!!!