2017 DCA Finals

KVG_DC

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

I don't disagree with you at all. It's just that Hopkins had to hire out most of Buc's key admin folks and brass guy to beat the Bucs for C2 to win. (Yup, he pulled a Boston on Reading.)  But then Gino returned to Bucs and the pendalum swung back. Not too wide an arc.

I'm not gonna get into Hoppy's Politics... It got nasty on FB after Finals and it doesn't need to come here.

That said, look at what the other corps are doing to catch up.  It's just finding the right people and having a group that all gel together.  Anyone could come out on top any year.  Does good leadership and $$ play into it?  You bet, but at the same time, the people on staff need to be knowledgeable enough to put together programs that come out of the gate smokin' then progress through the year to keep in the upper echelon's of the standings.  

3 minutes ago, ErieSopMike said:

I'm not gonna get into Hoppy's Politics... It got nasty on FB after Finals and it doesn't need to come here.

That said, look at what the other corps are doing to catch up.  It's just finding the right people and having a group that all gel together.  Anyone could come out on top any year.  Does good leadership and $$ play into it?  You bet, but at the same time, the people on staff need to be knowledgeable enough to put together programs that come out of the gate smokin' then progress through the year to keep in the upper echelon's of the standings.  

I'm not on FB and had no idea. I agree with your stance.

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

I don't disagree with you at all. It's just that Hopkins had to hire out most of Buc's key admin folks and brass guy to beat the Bucs for C2 to win.

Not sure I agree with that.

Rich Templin was not with the Buccaneers when he joined C2 in 2015.... and without him,  IMO,  C2 would not have gone from a perennial 5th-place corps to a title contender and winner.

And honestly, other than Rich Hammond, I don't recall any "key" administration folks from the Bucs changing teams in the years leading up to C2's win in 2016. And Rich (Hammond) was already with YEA, at least in a part-time capacity, when C2 brought him in. 

For the most part, again from what I recall, the key admin folks who left the Bucs during the 2012-2016 period didn't go anywhere else except into retirement.  LOL.  (Carl Ruocco was with the Hurricanes for a time before rejoining the Bucs for 2017.)

Also, George didn't have to "hire Gino away" from the Bucs, necessarily... since Gino was already with YEA and the Cadets when C2 was formed. It made sense for Gino to work with the other YEA corps. Yes, he left the Bucs... but it was more like an organic move, so to speak.

Edited by Fran Haring

Nice job by Govenaires' tubas in the upper register for "Hide and Seek".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kamarag said:

Yea, plus it's not like the thing includes state secrets or matters of national security. It's a freakin' rule book. I have a copy...the idea that is must be kept secret is mind-numbing.

right. we know judging panels in advance but not the rulebook

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

I don't disagree with you at all. It's just that Hopkins had to hire out most of Buc's key admin folks and brass guy to beat the Bucs for C2 to win. (Yup, he pulled a Boston on Reading.)  But then Gino returned to Bucs and the pendalum swung back. Not too wide an arc.

except there were other years Gino wasnt with Bucs and they still won

7 hours ago, ErieSopMike said:

his politics dont even carry much weight in the DCi world these days.

look at BD.....same basic design team since what 94? results speak for themselves.

Bucs...same since about 2002 or 2003. Results speak for themselves. 

18 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Not sure I agree with that.

Rich Templin was not with the Buccaneers when he joined C2 in 2015.... and without him,  IMO,  C2 would not have gone from a perennial 5th-place corps to a title contender and winner.

And honestly, other than Rich Hammond, I don't recall any "key" administration folks from the Bucs changing teams in the years leading up to C2's win in 2016. And Rich (Hammond) was already with YEA, at least in a part-time capacity, when C2 brought him in. 

For the most part, again from what I recall, the key admin folks who left the Bucs during the 2012-2016 period didn't go anywhere else except into retirement.  LOL.  (Carl Ruocco was with the Hurricanes for a time before rejoining the Bucs for 2017.)

Also, George didn't have to "hire Gino away" from the Bucs, necessarily... since Gino was already with YEA and the Cadets when C2 was formed. It made sense for Gino to work with the other YEA corps. Yes, he left the Bucs... but it was more like an organic move, so to speak.

Wasn't one of the Rich''s working for both YEA M-F and Bucs on weekend simultaneously? I remember raising a post about that and got slobbered for daring to question (in their minds) the loyalty of a Buc. You would of thought they were BD.

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Wasn't one of the Rich''s working for both YEA M-F and Bucs on weekend simultaneously? I remember raising a post about that and got slobbered for daring to question (in their minds) the loyalty of a Buc. You would of thought they were BD.

Well... they are DCA's version of BD, in terms of success!!!   LOL

Edited by Fran Haring

43 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Hammond did for a little while yes.