2018 Staff Announcements (new thread)

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I guess standing on your head Down Under makes some people cranky and feisty.

Any one who knows anything about young families and newborns knows there are always bills ($$$) to be paid no matter how much money one has saved and budgeted.

As the General mentioned, drill today can be written from home and skyped in, emailed, and adjusted. Just a possibility, not a preference. 

Good luck to the Webers. If it is a boy, does he have to march Cavies first like Pete?

Writing drill is more than sitting back at home on your computer and emailing charts, especially at that level. You should be there in some capacity. Also when you're home it doesn't mean you're present. Drum corps takes a lot away from the other aspects of your life, especially if you've been in it a long time. It's not just a job and if it was everyone on DCP would ##### about it.

Pete also has a pretty time consuming gig with the orchestra program at Prospect High School, so I'm sure that, coupled with the growing family probably took part in his decision. 

10 minutes ago, StarWasOverrated said:

Writing drill is more than sitting back at home on your computer and emailing charts, especially at that level. You should be there in some capacity. Also when you're home it doesn't mean you're present. Drum corps takes a lot away from the other aspects of your life, especially if you've been in it a long time. It's not just a job and if it was everyone on DCP would ##### about it.

Yes sir. I am aware off that. Have written a number of them and also done a number of years of DCI tours.

Perfect world is what you are portraying. Now in today's DCI multiple successful designers and arrangers are doing more than one unit.

why arguing about Pete's life? he chose to move on! wish him the best

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dcifan1999 said:

Pete also has a pretty time consuming gig with the orchestra program at Prospect High School, so I'm sure that, coupled with the growing family probably took part in his decision. 

Hes right next to Regiment;)

8 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Hes right next to Regiment;)

70 miles, plus one of the worst highways depending on traffic, but I see your point.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

why arguing about Pete's life? he chose to move on! wish him the best

Exactly.

But you know how we are (you too) on DCP with announcements. Like when so and so (whom we all know) says he's never coming back to DCP...     we just wait.

• Thanks 1

I am really sorry to see Weber leaving SCV. Over recent years, I've found his to be some of the most musical on the field. Not that SCV isn't in great hands with Gaines, but I certainly hope Pete pops back up somewhere else, maybe after taking a bit of a break.

Edited by ShortAndFast
  • Like 2

I actually hated Pete Webers designs up until about the early 2010's. Always seemed like he wrote bad ### looking stuff without any regard to what is going on in the music (visual phrases not matching musical phrases etc). He has grown tremendously however, and is now one of the best and most 'musical' designers out there. If he takes some time off for family, good for him. I'd like to see him writing somewhere though. 

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2