Corps applying for World or Open Class status on 2018

12 hours ago, Tim K said:

I can tell you from experience that is not how the non-profit world works. Ethically Legends would be shooting itself in the foot, and legally if you can't account how money was spent prior to the plea and afterwards, you're an investigation waiting to happen.

As someone who is just wrapping up preparations for an annual non-profit audit, I feel confident saying that Stu is correct. Only if there were suggestions of embezzlement would Legends face any legal jeopardy. They are a non-profit, their request was for emergency operating support, funders gave, and they completed their season. If they don't file the proper IRS paperwork (due not later than eleven months after their fiscal year ends), that would be a problem. Otherwise, they're in the clear.

But if for no other reason than it will encourage more giving down the road, they ought to say more about the financial status and plans in the next couple months.

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

You are correct; Legends doesn't "owe" its donors anything. But obviously it would be very wise of them to reach out to the donors with their plan for the future.

Ahhhh... good ole' wisdom.  It would have been more wise for them not to have gone out on the road in the first place. It would have been more wise for people to get the facts before cracking open their wallets out of shear emotion. Ahhh... good ole' wisdom.

Edited by Stu
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, garfield said:

What terrorist would launder money through a non-profit where his laundry would represent such a significant portion of the NP assets?

Yeah, I hear New York and Miami real estate is the preferred method for money laundering.

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ahhhh... good ole' wisdom.  It would have been more wise for them not to have gone out on the road in the first place. It would have been more wise for people to get the facts before cracking open their wallets out of shear emotion. Ahhh... good ole' wisdom.

Legends finished their season, and quite nicely. I am content.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

What about Batallion? How far away from world class are they?

Since this was only their 2nd year in existence and they only did a short tour, I think it will be a while before they reach that point.  They are very impressive and probably have a good talent pool around them.

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

What about Batallion? How far away from world class are they?

Considering their 2017 season ended on July 15, I would guess World Class isn't even on their radar right now. Interestingly enough, the score the received that day would have landed them around 7th place in Open Class finals. Not too shabby. 

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

Considering their 2017 season ended on July 15, I would guess World Class isn't even on their radar right now. Interestingly enough, the score the received that day would have landed them around 7th place in Open Class finals. Not too shabby. 

A 59.1 would have been 7th place at open class finals? 

1 hour ago, DAvery said:

A 59.1 would have been 7th place at open class finals? 

Based on Battalion's last scores against Golden Empire and Columbians, and Golden Empire's last score against Gold, and Gold's score at Open Class Finals, I would guess that Battalion would make O.C. Finals and finish 11th or 12th.