FloMarching makes a funny

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

If anyone was actually offended by that, good business sense or not, then some humor counseling may be needed 

this is drum corps man. why are you using logic?

On 9/25/2017 at 5:44 PM, Cappybara said:

I haven’t had Flo’s service but as someone who had FanNetwork for a couple years, I can definitely say TheFanNetwork was one of the worst live streaming experiences I’ve ever experienced. 

The ability to re-watch any performances after the fact, however, definitely made up for it

And tech has changed and providers have changed and my device has changed so, in that regard, you're more right than I.  Back then we had tape and hard disks.  When it works, today's digital is light years ahead of BITD.  But it seems much less dependable and consistent, and the down-speed video quality is actually worse than those old media and I was forced much more often this year to watch down-speeded video, or frozen feeds (and let's not even talk about the production quality of live broadcasts...).

13 hours ago, Stu said:

a) compared to the hundreds of thousands of drum corps fans, less than 0ne percent of potential Flo customers actually engage on DCP; 

Not sure where you get your numbers.  Regardless, I imagine less than one percent of airline customers post publicly about their experiences.  Quantity is not the only measure of value.

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Not sure where you get your numbers.  Regardless, I imagine less than one percent of airline customers post publicly about their experiences.  Quantity is not the only measure of value.

Flo merely had fun with folks just like the fast-food joint Sonic does with those two guys in their commercials. Which, on further thought, are likely also DCP users!!

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i said it was funny. i didnt say i wanted to play along with their reindeer games.

the point of the thread is a business getting seriously crappy reviews shouldnt be poking fun at paying customers

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i actually come here and laugh pretty much every time i log on. sometimes with you, and some times at you...i'll let you guess

:bluedevil:

You probably do not realize this but here is what you just admitted to in theses two posts: You find it funny when an outside article is written by Flo that pokes at DCP users in general even while stating that it is bad business practice for Flo, you will laugh at other posts and other posters especially me within DCP, but when that humor stick poke is in the article is discovered to be directed at you when their panel criteria is analyzed, the "I decline to play along, I am Jeff-the-serious" mode tends to materialize. Come on dude; learn to make fun of yourself just as much as you enjoy others being made fun of and just as much as you enjoy making fun of me. Especially since you started this thread! And if you will not do that, well the Flo article is more truth than parody.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, Stu said:

You probably do not realize this but here is what you just admitted to in theses two posts: You find it funny when an outside article is written by Flo that pokes at DCP users in general even while stating that it is bad business practice for Flo, you will laugh at other posts and other posters especially me within DCP, but when that humor stick poke is in the article is discovered to be directed at you when their panel criteria is analyzed, the "I decline to play along, I am Jeff-the-serious" mode tends to materialize. Come on dude; learn to make fun of yourself just as much as you enjoy others being made fun of and just as much as you enjoy making fun of me. Especially since you started this thread! And if you will not do that, well the Flo article is more truth than parody.

yes i did find the areticle funny, even tho I see it as a stupid business practice. Why can't I do so? I'm stuck with them if I want to watch drum corps at home. But I can see where people would get ###### off too. 

You refuse to understand the world isn't all black and white. There's layers of grey in the middle, and your absolutist positioning on matter is usually what gets you handed a ton of crap.

i'm not offended by the article. I just have no desire to participate in an online exercise of deciding the DCi champion. You take everything so literally dude for God's sakes. Stop trying to make mountains out of molehills and try to psycho analyze why people do what they do and insert your assumptions for what they do or do not think or feel. 

I make fun of myself often and do it on here. I don't need the Stu armchair psycho analysis of what you think I should or should not do to fit your agenda of the day/week/month/season.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes i did find the areticle funny, even tho I see it as a stupid business practice. Why can't I do so? I'm stuck with them if I want to watch drum corps at home. But I can see where people would get ###### off too. 

You refuse to understand the world isn't all black and white. There's layers of grey in the middle, and your absolutist positioning on matter is usually what gets you handed a ton of crap.

i'm not offended by the article. I just have no desire to participate in an online exercise of deciding the DCi champion. You take everything so literally dude for God's sakes. Stop trying to make mountains out of molehills and try to psycho analyze why people do what they do and insert your assumptions for what they do or do not think or feel. 

I make fun of myself often and do it on here. I don't need the Stu armchair psycho analysis of what you think I should or should not do to fit your agenda of the day/week/month/season.

Thanks for not only proving my point but Flo's. This is not absolutism it is fun parody; this is not us on DCP deciding the DCI champion it is fun parody; this is not literal it is fun parody; this is not seriousness it is fun parody (something to poke fun, to make fun, of 'ourselves'). I lmao when someone posted that I might do cratique. And if it were not for another poster on DCP I would have accepted (because that is my personality being parodied). But you respond here with a position of defense and anger as opposed to poking fun at yourself; and you even started this all off with a title that says Flo makes a funny. So, again, thanks for not only proving my point but Flo's.

Edited by Stu

Everyone seems to hate on DCP yet everyone reads it and being the off season, yeah, it’s down to about 20 of us to maintain the mantle of DCP whack jobs.

So of course I’m horribly offended by Flo Marching’s statement. I pour my heart and soul into each and every one of my artfully crafted, historically accurate, logically driven posts. My posts are my very being, my children, my gift to the greater drum corps community and therefor, the ENTIRE WORLD.  And to have Flo Marching mock them? To have Flo Marching Godzilla stomp my creations? Clearly, Flo Marching is George Hopkins in another guise trying to destroy all that is good in Drum Corps.

Many of you DCP lurkers will be blissfully ignorant of all the artist references and allusions buried within the above post, not unlike BD 2012. And to explain them would only confuse and frustrate you so just accept that the judges got it correct when they award me with all those GE-Posting points that earns me the Lone Wolf vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Everyone seems to hate on DCP yet everyone reads it and being the off season, yeah, it’s down to about 20 of us to maintain the mantle of DCP whack jobs.

So of course I’m horribly offended by Flo Marching’s statement. I pour my heart and soul into each and every one of my artfully crafted, historically accurate, logically driven posts. My posts are my very being, my children, my gift to the greater drum corps community and therefor, the ENTIRE WORLD.  And to have Flo Marching mock them? To have Flo Marching Godzilla stomp my creations? Clearly, Flo Marching is George Hopkins in another guise trying to destroy all that is good in Drum Corps.

Many of you DCP lurkers will be blissfully ignorant of all the artist references and allusions buried within the above post, not unlike BD 2012. And to explain them would only confuse and frustrate you so just accept that the judges got it correct when they award me with all those GE-Posting points that earns me the Lone Wolf vote.

:thumbup: