FloMarching makes a funny

On 9/24/2017 at 10:38 AM, BRASSO said:

DCI's decision to replace their current esteemed DCI old judges at their Championships with DCP 's esteemed old judges at Championships will be a paid gig from DCI, right ?   Otherwise, I'd imagine that few DCI Drum Corps fans will support partial judging panels being extended now into the DCI Championships week. I might be persuaded to judge the DCI Championships on a volunteer basis in a pinch, but I'm not too sure about the others here nominated.

probably not....because they want us to vote in january. so i doubt it.

I just want seamless feeds, but I know thats asking too much

On 9/24/2017 at 10:44 AM, BRASSO said:

" If Nominated, I will not run. If Elected, I will not serve. "

William Tecumseh Sherman, Union Civil War General, post Civil War.

you can't afford me

On 9/25/2017 at 6:59 AM, cixelsyd said:

I did not find it funny.  Kind of disturbing, really.

Maybe if the author had posted this on DCP, where humor is part of the culture, I would feel differently.  Or if FloMarching was already in the habit of injecting comic relief into their content, and thus had spread the ribbing around equally.  But this one lone attack, six weeks after the season ended?

Flo, your resentment is showing.

i posted on their facebook page while i laughed, that it wasn't good business sense to poke angry bears that paid them for spotty service.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, garfield said:

I have to agree that this is a curious way to garner support, if that was their agenda.

And I tend to think that self-deprecation is what one does when one accepts earned-praise.  Not, generally, best used before the service is actually note-worthy of earned praise.

Here we are all these years later still with complaints about the only things worth selling on a streaming service - audio and video.  Amazing.

I know we're not supposed to be nostalgic in this gig, but am I the only one who remembers broadcasts being more stable BITD?

you mean like 2016?

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i enjoyed the humor. However, I really don't want to be on any list you've created

I did not create the list; it is the exact criteria for the eight DCP users who are designated to be on the panel by FLO; criteria from an article which 'you' posted when 'you' started this thread!  If 'you' did not want to be on the panel 'you' should not have started the thread in the first place; that is on 'you' not me.

On 9/24/2017 at 12:32 AM, Ghost said:

Who says we're "trying to be serious and important?"

Have you read Jeff's latest postings in this thread.  He seems to think that we few hacks, again very few, here on DCP certainly are important enough to really effect the bottom line of Flo.  While that is likely the funniest posting to date, Flo has already designated him to be on the panel (their criteria not mine), so he cannot be the Lone Wolf.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

probably not....because they want us to vote in january. so i doubt it.

I just want seamless feeds, but I know thats asking too much

I will trade pay for services rendered as a DCI volunteer judge, in exchange for FloMarching  providing me a rewind, pause, fast forward feature on my subscription service payment to them.

Is this asking for the Moon ?

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

I did not create the list; it is the exact criteria for the eight DCP users who are designated to be on the panel by FLO; criteria from an article which 'you' posted when 'you' started this thread!  If 'you' did not want to be on the panel 'you' should not have started the thread in the first place; that is on 'you' not me.

i can still decline. if they cant provide me excellent service, i dont have to partake int heir funnies. And quite honestly the rating system on the site is a joke. Lord know I should be in the negatives

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Have you read Jeff's latest postings in this thread.  He seems to think that we few hacks, again very few, here on DCP certainly are important enough to really effect the bottom line of Flo.  While that is likely the funniest posting to date, Flo has already designated him to be on the panel (their criteria not mine), so he cannot be the Lone Wolf.

any company that that mocks paying customers is not a smart move Stu...simple business. because those people will get mad, and spread the word, and then more business can be lost.

Lord know, I work for a company getting raked across the coals daily. I know the job I do, and how well I do it, and my customer loyalty marks are great. But I still get an earful from people because "you work for them!" And I've had potential business walk because of the issues that have been publicized, despite the fact I'm not responsible for a single one of them.

20 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I will trade pay for services rendered as a DCI volunteer judge, in exchange for FloMarching  providing me a rewind, pause, fast forward feature on my subscription service payment to them.

Is this asking for the Moon ?

dude thats asking for the death star