Pioneer 2018

3 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

With the brass number you are marching this year I would suggest that no 'push-button machine that makes noise that resembles music is needed'  On the other hand, if each marimba / vibes / xylophone is properly amplified you could really cut down on pit numbers to one of each.  

14 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

With the brass number you are marching this year I would suggest that no 'push-button machine that makes noise that resembles music is needed'  On the other hand, if each marimba / vibes / xylophone is properly amplified you could really cut down on pit numbers to one of each.  

If you contribute to the cause it will make sure marimba / vibes / xylophones are properly amplified.

15 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I'm not marching any number. I shared something to bring awareness. Top groups always get the funds donated but lower groups don't. If people had the heart to help Legends why not Pio? I have students there so I want them to have a great season. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm not marching any number. I shared something to bring awareness. Top groups always get the funds donated but lower groups don't. If people had the heart to help Legends why not Pio? I have students there so I want them to have a great season. 

Last year Pioneer and Legends made appeals. I gave to both. I gave to Legends because I feared they would be stranded. I gave to Pioneer because they made a good case for the funds. We never learned why Legends needed funds, or if we did, I missed it, and this disappoints me a bit. Pioneer made a much better “we need it for this reason” appeal. Flashier could help get attention.  Expanding the tour could also give better exposure which could help. With the exception of DCI in Foxboro, I can’t remember the last time I saw Pioneer in New England. I know I pitch for everyone to come to Boston, but it might help build up a bigger donor base.

• 2 months later...