2018 Uniform Thread

I do think this thread will be a lasting topic of interest... all the way to the start of the 2018 summer season. Corps are changing attire ( and headgear ) much more frequently these days now. For some corps, as frequently as from season to season now. And the changes can be quite dramatic, as the trend, as many of us here know, is to have the attire, headgear be more theme specific increasingly.

Edited by BRASSO

I know there was plenty of polarity regarding Madison's outfits this year. (I liked the radical change maybe more than I liked the costumes themselves.) But FWIW, the images Madison is using in social media and on its web site might be pretty compelling to some young guys thinking of auditioning. Maybe not as compelling as a top 5 placement. Still...

http://www.madisonscoutslive.com/mainsite/?DB_OEM_ID=33500

9 hours ago, xandandl said:

Ok, it's not a uniform or costume, but I didn't see where else to post it: the next level of tarps. Props to the designer who makes the unit seem to disappear using this tarp.

Image No. 1 | Andrew Clark plays basketball in the atrium of the Woodward's building on a mural placed on the ground to mark World Sight Day, in Vancouver, British Columbia, Tuesday, Oct. 17, 2017. (Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press via AP)

BK had that lovely black hole tarp for The Great Event

6 hours ago, mjoakes said:

I know there was plenty of polarity regarding Madison's outfits this year. (I liked the radical change maybe more than I liked the costumes themselves.) But FWIW, the images Madison is using in social media and on its web site might be pretty compelling to some young guys thinking of auditioning. Maybe not as compelling as a top 5 placement. Still...

http://www.madisonscoutslive.com/mainsite/?DB_OEM_ID=33500

If what you say is true, is a Myers-Briggs and/or Rorschach included in the audition packet?? 

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

If what you say is true, is a Myers-Briggs and/or Rorschach included in the audition packet?? 

No, but I'm almost certain there are Rorschach tests in the Mandarins audition packets.

• Haha 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Music City has confirmed (although not very publicly) that the corps will get new uniforms for the corps' 10th anniversary.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BassClefTristan said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Music City has confirmed (although not very publicly) that the corps will get new uniforms for the corps' 10th anniversary.

Great. I always thought their uniforms were too traditional.

• Haha 1