Should Open Class just be World Class?

20 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Forgive me if I missed the answer to this.... but the groups that get moved up... does that happen during a season, or is it done for the next season?

On its face, it would seem to me that moving a group up during a season could be a potential disruption for any particular group, to say the least. 

Imagine DCI moving, say, SCV Cadets or Blue Devils B up to WC... or DCA moving, say, Cincinnati Tradition or Govenaires from Class A to Open a few weeks before the respective circuits' championships. 

it can happen during the season, as in the examples I pointed out, and it can happen after the season. It also happens that way in the local circuits that use WGI standards. 

and yes, it can cause some issues, especially for the local circuits.

20 hours ago, Stu said:

If you choose to play in their (WGI) sandbox, then whine about their decisions on where you should play and what toys you can use, ya know what that makes you? A whiner!

if you choose to be an open class corps in DCI, you can whine about their decisions on where you should be and what toys you can use, ya know what that makes you? A Whiner!

if anyone walks into OC in DCI not knowing the game and the rules, shame on them.

34 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it can happen during the season, as in the examples I pointed out, and it can happen after the season. It also happens that way in the local circuits that use WGI standards. 

and yes, it can cause some issues, especially for the local circuits.

Man... gotta be honest, if I'm running an organization that gets bumped up in-season, I would not be happy.  And it sucks that those groups have no recourse other than accept the "promotion" or stay home.

It seems, in a way, that it's almost like a group being punished, at least short-term, for getting better.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

if you choose to be an open class corps in DCI, you can whine about their decisions on where you should be and what toys you can use, ya know what that makes you? A Whiner!

if anyone walks into OC in DCI not knowing the game and the rules, shame on them.

You are the one who is whining about WGI and their classification bump system. And if anyone walks into OC in WGI and complains about the game and rules of getting bumped up to WC, shame on them, or you.

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Man... gotta be honest, if I'm running an organization that gets bumped up in-season, I would not be happy.  And it sucks that those groups have no recourse other than accept the "promotion" or stay home.

It seems, in a way, that it's almost like a group being punished, at least short-term, for getting better.

Happen several times over the years to me

10 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

But Man... Gotta be honest.  If you chose to play in their sandbox, and should know the rules going in that you could possibly be bumped in class during the season, and that did happen, your 'not being happy' would be nothing more than childish whining. Just sayin'.

56 minutes ago, Stu said:

But Man... Gotta be honest.  If you chose to play in their sandbox, and should know the rules going in that you could possibly be bumped in class during the season, and that did happen, your 'not being happy' would be nothing more than childish whining. Just sayin'.

First point: You don't do snark well. No need for the insulting tone here.  But I'm guessing that is what you are all about.  Last Word Stu, at all costs.

Second: You'd be correct, I should know the rules going in.

27 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

For the record, Pulse Open was bumped in 2012 and made WC Finals.  They have made WC Finals 5 of the past 6 years. On what basis does anyone have a leg to stand on claiming they should not have been promoted?

On the authority of Jeff and the unhappiness of Fran, we now pronounce them both as legs to stand on in complaining about the Pulse Promotion.