Sign in to follow this  
Lithium Nitro

Open to World Class

With Music City approved for World Class in 2018, who do you think is most likely to move up next?

Legends.. 

A few years ago, I talked to someone (maybe a parent) from that organization and they stated their final goal was to be a World Class Group, So I would have them pegged as next to jump.

Someone needs to address the fact that Legends, for apparently more than the first time, didn't make it through the season without an emotional appeal for money to make it through the season.

While it's likely true that director Ibe has "extra-experience" in managing his finances, It doesn't seem compatible with the kind of financial solvency that DCI expects at the WC level.

I agree with Mike, maybe Legends, and surely not soon.

• Like 1

Edited by BoaDci

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Someone needs to address the fact that Legends, for apparently more than the first time, didn't make it through the season without an emotional appeal for money to make it through the season.

I didn't realize what happened this summer had happened before.

Legends may be the obvious choice, and while it seems that Legends  has WC as a goal, I don't get the sense it is an immediate goal.

Spartans and 7th Regiment seem happy where they are, but I would keep an eye on Louisiana Stars and Guardians. I am impressed with the growth of both corps. 

• Like 1

My daughter marched Guardians this year.  I don't see them moving up anytime soon, though it may be the long-term goal for them.  They had the shortest tour in DCI last summer, and their goal this year is to expand that both in days and distance. 

Mike

right now from what I have seen and heard, none of them should be in a hurry to move up, and most arent. Legends after this past summer would have to really get their #### together in ways to provide financial stability to pass the test

On 10/4/2017 at 3:52 PM, garfield said:

While it's likely true that director Ibe has "extra-experience" in managing his finances, It doesn't seem compatible with the kind of financial solvency that DCI expects at the WC level.

I agree with Mike, maybe Legends, and surely not soon.

Yes, but Music City was also in a similar situation less than 5 years ago when they announced they were folding at the end of the season and then came back. I wish them nothing but the best of luck in world class but this does concern me.