Sign in to follow this  
Lithium Nitro

Open to World Class

I don't follow open class as closely as I should but given the Legends financial woes and the fact that the Spartans are a very old, historical corps still in open class I would say the corps to watch would be the L. Stars.  There are a lot of other newer OC corps growing and improving very fast though.

Forgot about the L. Stars. 

So many new corps I can't keep track. 

And I also forgot that Legends had that financials issue earlier last season, so yeah.. I wouldn't expect them to jump for another 5 - 7 years (again, just my non-informed guess)

The show Legends fielded this year absolutely blew me away.  It was easily my favorite open class show, and I'd watch it again over many WC shows.

But what happened midseason reminds us all of the harsh reality that It takes more than just a passionate director, BOD, talented design team and dedicated MMs to make an organization that can stand up to the incredible financial and logistical demands of being a DCI corps of any kind, let alone a WC corps.

I hope Legends makes it to WC.  I really do.  I'm already a huge fan.  If/when they do, I think they'll rise like cream rises.  Let's hope they can tend to their fiscal challenges!

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1