Full-field tarp?

Really impressive that high school students can pull that off so well. I'm guessing drum corps would have an easier time with it than high schoolers just because of the time factor, and it looks stunning. Would love to see it executed properly in DCI.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Really impressive that high school students can pull that off so well. I'm guessing drum corps would have an easier time with it than high schoolers just because of the time factor, and it looks stunning. Would love to see it executed properly in DCI.

How soon  before Dawson, Cappy, Hook'Em, and the young posters on DCP start figuring out how to change that boring white field every poster marches on for DCP and come out with their own "tarp" for posting with 3D designs, flashing LED lights, ramps, slides, woodwinds and holograms?  Bra$$o's version will have aromatic dimensions with a whiff of fireplace ash and smoldering hemp, rope of course. Now that Carolina Crown deconstructed yard lines and playing fields, the choices can be amazing and baffle even Chandler and Gaines. 

Maybe this is what George Dixon and Cadet2000 are quietly working on in their super-secret Maryland laboratory.... Not a peep to be heard... 

7 hours ago, cowtown said:

As always, context is everything. If there is a specific effect that is penitent to the design and it works well than cool but as we often see in DCI, these sorts of things become thoughtless compulsories, the design staff checking a box.  The use of tarps in DCI has not impressed, the above mentioned Tommy tarps I didn’t enjoy for the same reason as the Cadets Big Apple traps, gratuitous window dressing that became a distraction and added nothing to the show. I ended up waiting and watching for the tarps to do something or mean something and other than Hopkins standing on it, nothing. BK in 2016 was tripping all over their trap, as were Troopers this year so they become another sort of  distraction. Bluecoats tarps did nothing for me either. Best use of a tarp was BD 2016 but that wasn’t really a tarp even if it was… it had a point, a purpose that served the theme and an effect

Then we get into the entire visual design scoring of rewarding props /tarps created by the staff, another cheap trick

Easily distracted?..….lol