Sign the Petition

23 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sorry to dredge up an old thread....i try not to be that guy...but after talking to several people in Indy earlier this month, the issue IS on their radar. What will come of it, I can't say, but it is being discussed at multiple levels of the organization

This is no surprise given the current climate and while it would come to the attention of the folks in Indy from the corps directors, it would not surprise me if parents and marching members themselves are pushing this issue with the corps. My understanding from people I know in higher education is that college students are demanding clear guidelines about what happens when sexual assault takes place and what the consequences will be. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tim K said:

This is no surprise given the current climate and while it would come to the attention of the folks in Indy from the corps directors, it would not surprise me if parents and marching members themselves are pushing this issue with the corps. My understanding from people I know in higher education is that college students are demanding clear guidelines about what happens when sexual assault takes place and what the consequences will be. 

and i am told there's a lot more happening behind than scenes than may possibly see the light of day here. However, i will always rely on at least 4 sources to corroborate the major points before I will put anything here.

while the guy that caused this issues in this thread to be raised has been cleared legally via the public record posted here, it's an issue that needs to be addressed. While i was against, to a degree, a top down policy by DCI that covers all corps that want to be considered for membership, it now needs to be done, and by the start of the 2018 season. If the directors can't do it themselves, I hope each corps board is willing to stand up and force the issue, even if it affects some in their organization.

• Like 1