Sign the Petition

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

A simple official statement by DCI that reads, "All corps participating in DCI events must comply with the State law in which the corps is traveling, and it is up to each corps to abide by this policy". That would be sufficient for the topic at hand and no need for this or any other petition to be given to DCI.

So DCI needs a policy stating that corps shall comply with the law?  That's redundant. Does DCI need a policy that drivers follow the speed limit?  Have a valid driver's license?  Don't drink and drive?  Don't shoot their passengers?  And on and on?  I don't think so. 

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

By the way, answer my question from page one please.

It's already been answered. So how about you make your grand proclamation so we can move on. GH hired a guy who had been convicted in CA of malfeasance of a bad sort with the kinder. Yes. We all know. And if it we're to happen again GH would open himself up to negligence. Yes. Obviously he made the decision the reward is worth the risk. Yes. Others would not make that choice. Yes. Ok, so, here we are. Do you have a fresh take to share on any of this?  Or are we taking this trip down memory lane just for old times sake?

Edited by HockeyDad

17 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So DCI needs a policy stating that corps shall comply with the law?  That's redundant. Does DCI need a policy that drivers follow the speed limit?  Have a valid driver's license?  Don't drink and drive?  Don't shoot their passengers?  And on and on?  I don't think so. 

It is a CYA issue; a simple official statement like I posted would suffice; and yes, it is completely necessary in today's sue happy environment.

I find it interesting that GH is being chastised for this, when other corps/directors have made similar staff choices. Similarly, over the years corps have known that some staff members have had inappropraite relationships with members and have chosen to do nothing about it, as it was public knowledge that inappropriate relations were happening.

4 minutes ago, dcifan1999 said:

I find it interesting that GH is being chastised for this, when other corps/directors have made similar staff choices. Similarly, over the years corps have known that some staff members have had inappropraite relationships with members and have chosen to do nothing about it, as it was public knowledge that inappropriate relations were happening.

16 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

.... So how about you make your grand proclamation so we can move on. GH hired a guy who had been convicted in CA of malfeasance of a bad sort with the kinder. Yes. We all know. And if it we're to happen again GH would open himself up to negligence. Yes. Obviously he made the decision the reward is worth the risk. Yes. Others would not make that choice. Yes. Ok, so, here we are. Do you have a fresh take to share on any of this?  Or are we taking this trip down memory lane just for old times sake?

Notice that I have not named names nor named corps; but I have named DCI as an organization that should have a policy about this if nothing more than for the CYA of the DCI organization itself.  And to answer the question from Hockeydad, it is for the sake, safety, and welfare of the youth; so I will not trivialize it with a flippant statement like 'we are taking a trip down memory lane for old time sake'.

1 hour ago, dcifan1999 said:

True enough. We can file this under.. " Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right ".... and/ or....... , Better Late, than Never "... for filing purposes in the filing cabinet.

The petition drive to me sounds harmless. DCI has sufficient policies in place with this to limit both its future legal culpability and limit the environment with these things from taking place again with members ( Corps ) in their Organization ( no DCI policy can guarantee results... of course ), or.... its a wake up call that DCI believes they need to do more to be out front and proactive on this to limit the possibilities of reoocurance with the members in its Organization. In either case, the petition drive can serve its intended purpose, imo... I don't see much of a downside with this, either way. But thats just one guy's opinion here with this too.

Edited by BRASSO

19 minutes ago, dcifan1999 said:

In the post-Weinstein environment this isn't gonna fly anymore. 

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

it is for the sake, safety, and welfare of the youth; so I will not trivialize it with a flippant statement like 'we are taking a trip down memory lane for old time sake'.

Nice try. I guess Garfield is right. Reading comprehension is not your thing. What I am trivializing is your posts. "George didn't answer me. George didn't answer me. George didn't answer me."